Windows 10: Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

Discus and support Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have both an internal SATA DVD drive on my PC and an external USB DVD drive. I started with just the internal, inserted a disk and it behaved as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul_Hodgson, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

Hi,

I have both an internal SATA DVD drive on my PC and an external USB DVD drive. I started with just the internal, inserted a disk and it behaved as normal. When I had finished with the first disk I pressed the eject button on the drive and the disk ejected, I inserted the next disk and closed the drive but the drive was not accessible no E: in explorer, no disk recognised.

I then tried using my USB DVD drive and, basically, the same thing happened, but after inserting the second disk and getting no joy, I ejected the disk, unplugged the USB, plugged the USB back in, and closed the drawer and the drive worked fine for that disk, but I had to repeat the unplug/replug for the third disk, and the fourth...

There seems to be a problem which I cannot fathom. With the USB drive there is an annoying workaround, but for the internal drive there is no workaround except rebooting!

The USB drive did not need this unplug/replug on the same machine last time I used it, about a year ago.

Regards,

Paul

:)

Paul_Hodgson, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Rauf Win User

CD/DVD Drive Auto Ejects

My laptop's CD drive ejects automatically, most of the time.

I tried disabling it in Windows device manager. But still the issue exist. It sometimes ejects in the early stage of booting ( when the laptop shows BIOS version and logo). I cannot re-create the issue because I don't know what event makes the laptop eject the drive.

How can I disable the CD/DVD drive in BIOS setup.
    Note: This is nothing related with boot from CD/DVD. I just want to disable CD/DVD permanently from BIOS.

Rauf, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Wile E Win User
    XP accesses/searches CD/DVD Drive

Not really anyway to stop it that I know of. Just remember to eject your CD/DVD. Oh, and Windows isn't the only OS that does this. All of them do. The OS can't list it in the file manager if it doesn't read it.

Wile E, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

CD/DVD drive E computer ejects disc

The main basic test is to go to the BIOS and put in a CD/DVD while in the BIOS - if it grinds and ejects in the BIOS - it's hardware and/or bad CD/DVDs (less likely when talking about more of those...)

That is why I suggested it originally - it instantly tells you if it is OS related or not.

Shenan Stanley, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

1. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops" - Similar Threads - Eject DVD drive

2. CD Drive not ejecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD Drive not ejecting: Hi,I've a CD drive on my cpu however whenever I click on open Cd drive in File Explorer I can hear some small sound from cpu but the CD Drive never ejected.Any solutions?...
  3. CD Drive not ejecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Drive not ejecting: Hi,I've a CD drive on my cpu however whenever I click on open Cd drive in File Explorer I can hear some small sound from cpu but the CD Drive never ejected.Any solutions?...
  4. CD Drive not ejecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD drive not ejecting

DVD drive not ejecting: I was watching video on friday night by inserting the dvd into my dvd player. It was my fav old movie. But today I realised I have left that in dvd drive. Today i thought to get it outside. But its not ejecting for some good reason....
  6. USB CD / DVD drive keeps ejecting disks - won't read

USB CD / DVD drive keeps ejecting disks - won't read: I've tried every thing I've found while searching, so maybe someone has a new idea... I have Surface Pro 4 with docking station. The DVD drive is LG AP70NS50. Same behavior whether connected to dock or directly to the Surface's USB port. Inserting disk will spin up, but...
  7. Windows 10, DVD/CD Rom Drive keeps ejecting CDs

Windows 10, DVD/CD Rom Drive keeps ejecting CDs: Please suggest fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-dvdcd-rom-drive-keeps-ejecting-cds/54593da0-399f-4ce1-966c-4071ddaa2959
  8. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  9. CD drive keep ejecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    CD drive keep ejecting: Hi, My CD drive can't read cd and keep ejecting. Anyone out there have a solution to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-keep-ejecting/df671ff4-c734-4971-a66f-642a7f778a2f
  10. CD Drive stops working after ejecting CD

CD Drive stops working after ejecting CD: So, as soon as I boot my computer, any CD on the drive will work normally. If I eject and try to put any other CD or the same CD, it stops working. It only works one time, until I reboot. Tried all the fixes, going to the registry and deleting and adding stuff, pasting...