Windows 10: Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer

Discus and support Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What do you think if Microsoft next OS update in file explorer, user could right click on "drive alphabet" to eject SSD safely via pop up menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jianfa.Ben.Tsai, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer

What do you think if Microsoft next OS update in file explorer, user could right click on "drive alphabet" to eject SSD safely via pop up menu efficiently?

:)

Jianfa.Ben.Tsai, Mar 26, 2020

2. eject device in file explorer shuts down file explorer

No error messages.

I've always experienced this File Explorer shut down in this particular situation since I got the computer a couple of years ago, thus I haven't made any changes since the issue started.

I haven't done anything that could be called troubleshooting, I've only searched for settings which might be changed from the default to remedy the situation. Since I didn't find any settings changes that fit the situation, I didn't change anything.

I've always had an antivirus utility running on this computer (Webroot Secure Anywhere), in addition to what is built in with Win 10.

It just seems like default behavior for File Explorer. When I right-click on the Flash drive or SD card device on the listing, and select Eject, it does eject the device, and I am informed that it is safe to remove device, but then File Explorer closes.
    No error messages, no indication that this is anything but normal behavior.

WylieShambles, Mar 26, 2020
  3. eject device in file explorer shuts down file explorer

All my Windows 10 files are on the C: drive, an internal SSD. The problem occurs when I am ejecting external memory devices such as Flash drives & SD cards.

I switch between SD cards frequently when I am loading files from cameras & organizing those files on internal hard drives. It is tedious when Windows File Explorer shuts down when I eject an SD card, then have to re-open Explorer and click through several
    times to re-locate the drive & folder into which I want to place the files from the external device.

WylieShambles, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer

eject device in file explorer shuts down file explorer

Hi Wylie,

The File Explorer crashing issue that you are experiencing when you're ejecting devices from your computer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, a possible threat on your computer, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the
    following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Just to be sure, are you getting any error messages?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer

1. Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer - Similar Threads - Eject SSD drive

2. ejecting external ssd issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ejecting external ssd issues: Having issues when I try to eject either of my SSD drives. Says it is open or still being used by another process after closing all folders and files. Sometimes it ejects, but most times it does not and I get the "Still in use" message. Any ideas on solving?...
  3. ejecting external ssd issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ejecting external ssd issues: Having issues when I try to eject either of my SSD drives. Says it is open or still being used by another process after closing all folders and files. Sometimes it ejects, but most times it does not and I get the "Still in use" message. Any ideas on solving?...
  4. ejecting external ssd issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting: See this screenshot, I've ejected my PenDrive but still it is appearing there. It didn't used to happen like this before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-still-appears-on-file-explorer-even-after/4834fc88-5c0f-4afc-8b19-7393f247651c
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer Eject

Windows 10 File Explorer Eject: When I select "Eject" in the drive tools menu of File Explorer I do not receive the safe to remove message. The message at one time would display but stopped working after an update as usual....
  7. Windows Explorer specifically file explorer Crashing when Attempting to Eject a USB Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Explorer specifically file explorer Crashing when Attempting to Eject a USB Drive: Hello, I was encountering a strange problem where I was in File Explorer trying to eject a plugged in USB device. I tried to right click the device, and it stopped responding and crashed. After it started doing this every single time, I realized there was a bit of a...
  8. Most efficient way for me to install OS from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most efficient way for me to install OS from hdd to ssd?: So i dont know if this is the right place to ask but i need some advice. I just installed an NVME m.2 ssd on my buddies computer and i want to swap the OS onto it. I am wondering what the most efficient way to do this would be. He has 900gb worth of files and a 500gb ssd so...
  9. Recover files from encrypted SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files from encrypted SSD drive?: Hi . Is there any way or trick to recover files from SSD encrypted drive? Encryption from bitlocker on it self , due changing in the bios! So i have super important files in that drive ! Please any help?...
  10. flash drive eject after opeining files

flash drive eject after opeining files: I often open files on a flash drive for printing. When I am finished printing, unless I eject the drive, each time I open an app and a file on another drive, I get a message that the flash drive cannot be found. If I opened 5 files for printing and don't eject the flash...