Windows 10: Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

Discus and support Ejecting Flash Drive Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi!Why is it every time I insert a flash drive then ejecting it, It's always saying that the drive is in use even though I don't have any running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aidzer, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Aidzer Win User

Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

Hi!Why is it every time I insert a flash drive then ejecting it, It's always saying that the drive is in use even though I don't have any running applications in the background? I tried formatting the drive not quick, inserting the drive, and eject it after a few seconds but still, issue is present. But if I click try again a few times, it will eject at some point, like after 1-2 tries. The image is attached below for reference.I tried ejecting the flash drive via the taskbar and it seems to be no problem. Why is there's always an error when I try to eject via Windows Explorer?PS. I also did

:)

Aidzer, Jun 19, 2021
  2. i386 Win User

ejecting flash drives

I forgot where I posted this issue. I still have the issue but sometimes I get the message safe to eject and sometimes I don't.
    I want it to tell me it is safe. I do not want to set a policy or anything. I am telling the truth I had a 64 GB flash drive and yes this was an issue in Windows 7 also it would do it sometimes. But that 64 GB drive is now dead because I was unable to use the eject I even let it sit for a few hours and it still said it was busy.
    I ejected it anyway by pulling it out. Now like I said that 64 GB flash drive is dead. This is why I want it to tell me it is safe to eject.

3. i386 Win User
    ejecting flash drives

I have been having this issue. I get the issue fixed and it comes back. I do not like to just pull a flash drive out. It will damage them and they cost too much.It seems to be an issue in Windows 10 2004 but IDK for sure. When I right click the icon down by the clock the USB flash drive icon.

Ejecting Flash Drive Issue [​IMG]

I right click and select eject usually I get a message same to eject. Nothing shows no message. But if I click the message icon I see a message where it shows safe to eject. It just does not show me without looking.

Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 2004 (build 19041.546)Install Language: English (United States)System Locale: English (United States)Installed: 9/1/2020 11:23:55 AM

4. Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive

New Windows 10 Pro install. When I click on the USB icon to eject a flash drive the flash drive shows up, but the option to eject USB flash memory is missing.

Windows 10 Issue

How it should look, but this is from a Win 7 machine.

idahosurge, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

1. Ejecting Flash Drive Issue - Similar Threads - Ejecting Flash Drive

2. Issues to eject USB drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues to eject USB drive: I plugged in a USB drive to my computer Windows 10, supplied the BitLocker password. I then opened the drive in the File Explorer. I opened 3 Word documents and 2 JPG files. I didn't make any changes. I then went to "Show Hidden Icons" on the task bar. I had no applications...
  3. No Right Click Eject menu For USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Right Click Eject menu For USB Flash Drives: I was troubleshooting a product issue and was advised by their customer support to update my usb drivers with the free version of "Driver Hub". After installing the new drivers the usb ports would not work properly so I reverted back to the old drivers. The problem now is the...
  4. Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

Ejecting Flash Drive Issue: Hi!Why is it every time I insert a flash drive then ejecting it, It's always saying that the drive is in use even though I don't have any running applications in the background? I tried formatting the drive not quick, inserting the drive, and eject it after a few seconds but...
  5. ejecting flash drives

ejecting flash drives: I have been having this issue. I get the issue fixed and it comes back. I do not like to just pull a flash drive out. It will damage them and they cost too much.It seems to be an issue in Windows 10 2004 but IDK for sure. When I right click the icon down by the clock the USB...
  6. Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....

Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....: Is it safe to keep hard drives and flash drives connected all the time (Windows 10), even when shutting down everyday ... ? Or should I use the Eject feature to be safe ... ? 128834
  7. flash drive eject after opeining files

flash drive eject after opeining files: I often open files on a flash drive for printing. When I am finished printing, unless I eject the drive, each time I open an app and a file on another drive, I get a message that the flash drive cannot be found. If I opened 5 files for printing and don't eject the flash...
  8. eject flash drive in WIN 10

eject flash drive in WIN 10: How do you safely eject a flash drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eject-flash-drive-in-win-10/9529c934-1547-41d6-b2e7-ba498807f206"
  9. No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive

No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive: New Windows 10 Pro install. When I click on the USB icon to eject a flash drive the flash drive shows up, but the option to eject USB flash memory is missing. Windows 10 Issue [img] How it should look, but this is from a Win 7 machine. [img] 100030
  10. Problem Ejecting Sandisk Flash Drive

Problem Ejecting Sandisk Flash Drive: Whenever i try to eject my Sandisk flash drive, by right-clicking on it's icon and clicking on "Eject Cruzer", I get an error window with the title, "Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device". The message says, "Windows is unable to stop the device 'USB Mass Storage...