Windows 10: Ejecting usb drive

Discus and support Ejecting usb drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating to Windows 10 version 2004, when trying to eject an external usb drive, I continuously receive the error message that the drive is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karl Neumann, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Ejecting usb drive

After updating to Windows 10 version 2004, when trying to eject an external usb drive, I continuously receive the error message that the drive is in use and to wait and try again later. No matter how long I wait, this message recurs when nothing I can see is using the drive. I have tried physically disconnecting the usb drive, and restarting the pc, but the error message remains. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it?

:)

Karl Neumann, Jun 17, 2020

2. ejecting a usb drive in 10

Hi Walden,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with accessing Safely Remove and Eject Media USB icon on the taskbar.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "not I can not get it to show up in bottom right lower", are you referring that you are not able to see the Eject USB icon under the show hidden icons?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to understand the system

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn on Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Removing a USB drive without 'ejecting' first

Hello,

Normally I eject a USB drive within Windows 10 before unplugging the hardware. I once understood garbage can be left behind when not ejecting first.

Sometimes ejecting don't work because Windows says it's in use (for no reason according to me). In those cases I shut down Windows or I unplug the USB drive without ejecting first.

• Is this garbage being left behind in Windows or on the USB drive?
    • How can I remove this garbage afterwards?
    Thanks in advance

SJW

Sjoerd-Jaap Westra, Jun 17, 2020
  4. WindowsOS Win User

Ejecting usb drive

ejecting a usb drive in 10

Click on the Show Hidden Icons in the right side of the Taskbar. The icon to eject USB drives is in there. It's Not a really good idea just to pull out a USB drive !!

WindowsOS, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Ejecting usb drive

1. Ejecting usb drive - Similar Threads - Ejecting usb drive

2. Problem with ejecting an usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with ejecting an usb drive: Good evening, I had a problem where when I was safely ejecting my USB drive, it showed me that the drive was in use and I had to close all the programs which are there in the drive running. No programs were running from the drive. I also tried to look in Task Manager but I...
  3. Problem with ejecting an usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with ejecting an usb drive: Good evening, I had a problem where when I was safely ejecting my USB drive, it showed me that the drive was in use and I had to close all the programs which are there in the drive running. No programs were running from the drive. I also tried to look in Task Manager but I...
  4. Problem with ejecting an usb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to eject usb hard drive

Unable to eject usb hard drive: When trying to eject usb mass storage device it is showing that it is in use by other applications. But after disconnected from internet hard drive easily can be ejected. Is there any web related serious issue ?like Ransomware or anything?I have quickheal antivirus...
  6. USB-A hard drive not being ejected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-A hard drive not being ejected: Almost every time I try to eject my hard drive, my PC prompts that the file is in use and can't be ejected. I've closed all the apps, browsers, bluetooth, wifi, connections, everything. It still says that the file is in use. What the heck is really going on?...
  7. USB-A hard drive not being ejected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-A hard drive not being ejected: Almost every time I try to eject my hard drive, my PC prompts that the file is in use and can't be ejected. I've closed all the apps, browsers, bluetooth, wifi, connections, everything. It still says that the file is in use. What the heck is really going on?...
  8. Issues to eject USB drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues to eject USB drive: I plugged in a USB drive to my computer Windows 10, supplied the BitLocker password. I then opened the drive in the File Explorer. I opened 3 Word documents and 2 JPG files. I didn't make any changes. I then went to "Show Hidden Icons" on the task bar. I had no applications...
  9. USB drives that won't eject

USB drives that won't eject: Like, apparently, many people, I frequently find that USB drives won't eject because they are supposedly in use. I have seen this question posted in many places, but I have yet to see a solution that works. There are two solutions which are supposed to work, but don't....
  10. No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive

No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive: New Windows 10 Pro install. When I click on the USB icon to eject a flash drive the flash drive shows up, but the option to eject USB flash memory is missing. Windows 10 Issue [img] How it should look, but this is from a Win 7 machine. [img] 100030