Windows 10: Elan c12 filter driver not working

Discus and support Elan c12 filter driver not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had a problem with the touchpad on my Acer ES1 512 .It has happened twice within a month with it stopping working.Firstly after updating drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulGrant77KX, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Elan c12 filter driver not working

I've had a problem with the touchpad on my Acer ES1 512 .It has happened twice within a month with it stopping working.Firstly after updating drivers using IOBIT driver updater and again today updating drivers again as IOBIT stated they were out of date.When it happened the first time i checked device manager and in mouse settings elan c12 filter driver had gone.At this stage I carried out a system restore and it resolved the problem.Today it has happened again and when I checked device manager I opened hidden device drivers and it was there greyed out.Again I carried out a system restore but this time it did not resolve the problem.I checked in device manager and it is listed again correctly after system restore . I have checked mouse settings and in mouse settings properties there is no ELAN tab at end to enable or disable touchpad.When I check hardware tab on the above it is listed there and is documenting that is is working and installed correctly.

The touchpad is completely dead nothing at all.i have plugged in a usb mouse and it working properly.

Is there a setting In on BIOS that needs to be changed advanced back to basic ..Will this work. I have even tried Fn+ f7 to see if I have disabled touchpad. Again as stated before between updating drivers the touchpad has been working correctly. I have even updated chipset and touch pad drivers on Acer support with no joy.I am sure this is software related. It is literly like it has just been turned off. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

PaulGrant77KX, Jun 5, 2019
  2. JohnHaber Win User

Do I need ELAN Filter Driver

I see that, in stalled programs, I have (on still a rather new computer with Windows 10) Elan HIDI2C Filter Driver X64. It's not listed among All Apps in the Start menu anywhere I can see.

Do I need this? What does it do? Can I safely uninstall it? Thank you.

JohnHaber, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Do I need ELAN Filter Driver

Hi John, I came late to the party as I just saw it on my new laptop's program listing. After a bit of digging around it appears that it is a driver for the Elan brand touchpad included in this machine's build. So my thought is if you have a Elan brand
    touchpad, keep the driver.

chrisperram, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Elan c12 filter driver not working

Accidently deleted Elan HIDI2C Filter Driver X64

Guys I acidentally unistalled Elan HIDI2C Filter Driver X64. Does anyone here knows how to re-install it?

IsabelaMoreira, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Elan c12 filter driver not working

1. Elan c12 filter driver not working - Similar Threads - Elan c12 filter

2. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  3. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  4. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ELAN SMBus driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ELAN SMBus driver: I'm trying to find the update ELAN SMBus driver 15.21.1.21 and it's either from dodgy websites or you have to pay money for the update from third-party programs. I have already gone to my drivers and it says it's up to update but it's not....
  6. ELAN SMBus driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ELAN SMBus driver: I'm trying to find the update ELAN SMBus driver 15.21.1.21 and it's either from dodgy websites or you have to pay money for the update from third-party programs. I have already gone to my drivers and it says it's up to update but it's not....
  7. ELAN SMBus driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. ELAN EZTouch Filter error Code 10

ELAN EZTouch Filter error Code 10: My Touchscreen, keyboard and Touchpad no longer work. I am running Windows 10 Pro. Version 20 H2. In Device Manager/Human Interface Devices/ELAN EZ Touch Filter it says" Device cannot start Code 10. A request for the HID descriptor failed. I have tried uninstalling and...
  9. ELAN DRIVER is a problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    ELAN DRIVER is a problem: Every time I update and the Elan driver is installed, my touchpad has a problem and the cursor acts crazy jumping all over!! So every time I have to uninstall the driver until the next update. This is very annoying!!. Is there any solution to this problem? All this...
  10. ELAN SMBus Driver

ELAN SMBus Driver: Hi. I have Dell Inspiron15 laptop running Windows 10. When trying to dwnld an app, my laptop no longer an option for devices. I've run the troubleshooter in control panel - devices and printers and says ELAN SMBus Driver has a driver problem. hit next and when its done it...