Windows 10: elan clickpad driver not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update

Discus and support elan clickpad driver not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; to whom it may concern my name is Simone and I have an issue with my laptop's touchpad. after updating to windows 10 21H1 it stopped working properly:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Simoxx96, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Simoxx96 Win User

elan clickpad driver not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update

to whom it may concern my name is Simone and I have an issue with my laptop's touchpad. after updating to windows 10 21H1 it stopped working properly: sometimes it recognises more than one finger touching it as you can see in the dinamic icon and it starts resizing pages due to the gestures. I tried reinstalling the driver and I also tried reinstalling windows without success. on hp website the last driver is for the 1803 windows 10 build. with build older than 21h1 like 1809,1903,1909,2004 and 20H2 it worked fine.

:)

Simoxx96, Jun 16, 2021
  2. David_167 Win User

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further?

Details:

Today the builtin touchpad started functioning again and I can't remember how I disabled it when I first bought this laptop. I use a USB external mouse that works much better. When this touchpad is enabled, I accidentally touch it while typing and chaos
    ensues.

(Previous thread Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10 after Anniversary update did not help.)

David_167, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10

Hi there,

I have recently found out that each time ELAN driver gets installed on my laptop, I get a Blue Screen Error message pop-up when rebooting my laptop. After every Windows update, I need to boot my laptop in Safe Mode and delete
    the ELAN driver in order for it to function properly.

I have tried using "Windows Show or Hide Update" package but it doesn't show me ELAN driver on the list.

I even tried using Powershell to force stop the driver but it didn't work as well.

Help.

esenes stan, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Anizzy Win User

Synaptics Clickpad driver that works is updated by Windows 10 to one that doesn't work.

I need the Clickpad to function as a numeric pad. The driver on my OEM's website enables the "NumLock" space to work. Windows 10 constantly installs a new driver that doesn't recognize "Numlock". In order to put it back, I have to uninstall in in control
    panel>programs and features, restart, install the OEM's version, restart, and then get a little work done before Windows 10 clobbers it - usually within hours. Windows installs this:

Synaptics ClickPad V8.1 on PS/2 Port

Driver Version: 19.0.19.1

Firmware Version: 8.1

Interface: PS/2

Device Manager

The one that works is:

Ver 18.1.29.7 12/23/2014

Is Windows 10 ever going to fix this or at least let users selectively stop it from updating individual drivers?

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix this?

Anizzy, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. elan clickpad driver not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update - Similar Threads - elan clickpad driver

2. Lenovo e570 touchpad buttons not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo e570 touchpad buttons not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update: Hi, apparently after updating my laptop, my touchpad's upper button is not working anymore. I tried to go to device manger > mice and other pointing devices but i cannot locate the touchpad driver. Pls help me...
  3. My Elan Clickpad left-click does not release after use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Elan Clickpad left-click does not release after use: If I left-click on my touchpad I have a HP Pavilion - 15-cs3001ne the pad does not release after using it eg. to click and drag, scroll, etc. It stays down until I right click. This previously happened but was fixed when I updated the driver to 21.2.28.7. The problem seems to...
  4. My Elan Clickpad left-click does not release after use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Elan Clickpad left-click does not release after use: If I left-click on my touchpad I have a HP Pavilion - 15-cs3001ne the pad does not release after using it eg. to click and drag, scroll, etc. It stays down until I right click. This previously happened but was fixed when I updated the driver to 21.2.28.7. The problem seems to...
  5. Elan Clickpad Stops Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Clickpad Stops Working: Hi,My PC is an HP Stream 14 running Windows 10 Version 1703. My clickpad stopped working somewhere around October last year, and I've still not found a fix. At first, I thought it was a software issue, so I uninstalled the clickpad's driver, reinstalled it, installed it from...
  6. Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD

Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD: I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx. I upgraded it to windows 1909. Initially everything was fine but suddenly, the trackpad became erratic, clicking randomly everywhere, freezing, jumping and all sorts of weird movements. I tried updating drivers, it worked fine...
  7. Elan clickpad drivers update for windows 10? Hp pavilion 15-cx0056wm

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Elan clickpad drivers update for windows 10? Hp pavilion 15-cx0056wm: So I cant find an update that is compatible with the current version of windows. The diver has been broken since the updates Release back in April of 2019. I can’t even update to the HP provided driver that came out in May 2019, because windows says it is not compatible with...
  8. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10: I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further? Details: Today the builtin...
  9. Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode

Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode: Touchpad is unusable because it seems to be stuck in click lock mode. Sometimes after a restart, it works fine for a while. Maybe a windows update? I have uninstalled and reinstalled driver. I tried uninstalling last few windows updates. Worked for a while, then started...
  10. Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10: Hi there, I have recently found out that each time ELAN driver gets installed on my laptop, I get a Blue Screen Error message pop-up when rebooting my laptop. After every Windows update, I need to boot my laptop in Safe Mode and delete the ELAN driver in order for it to...