Windows 10: Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode

Discus and support Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Touchpad is unusable because it seems to be stuck in click lock mode. Sometimes after a restart, it works fine for a while. Maybe a windows update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sher-CR, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Sher-CR Win User

Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode

Touchpad is unusable because it seems to be stuck in click lock mode. Sometimes after a restart, it works fine for a while. Maybe a windows update?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled driver.

I tried uninstalling last few windows updates. Worked for a while, then started selecting everything again. But now I have up to date windows updates. Cant seem to stop windows auto update.

I am now using an usb mouse and thinking of getting an usb touchpad.

Anyone with same problem?

HP Pavilion Laptop 15

Windows 10 Home Single Language

Thank you.

:)

Sher-CR, Jun 8, 2019

2. Elan touch pad

Hi William,

To disable tap-to-click function, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Mouse Settings.
    • Under Related Settings, select Additional Mouse Options.Click on the
      ELAN tab.
    • Click the Options button.
    • The first option should be Tapping.
    • Uncheck Enabled.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode

Clickpad DEAD!!!!

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make/model of the computer?

For the try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptics Touchpad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptics touchpad drivers and re-install the same in compatibility
    mode and check.

Note: Make sure you download and save the TouchPad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

Step 1.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver).

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    Step 2.

To install Synaptic touchpad drivers in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode

1. Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode - Similar Threads - Elan clickpad stuck

2. My Elan Clickpad left-click does not release after use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Elan Clickpad left-click does not release after use: If I left-click on my touchpad I have a HP Pavilion - 15-cs3001ne the pad does not release after using it eg. to click and drag, scroll, etc. It stays down until I right click. This previously happened but was fixed when I updated the driver to 21.2.28.7. The problem seems to...
  3. My Elan Clickpad left-click does not release after use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Elan Clickpad left-click does not release after use: If I left-click on my touchpad I have a HP Pavilion - 15-cs3001ne the pad does not release after using it eg. to click and drag, scroll, etc. It stays down until I right click. This previously happened but was fixed when I updated the driver to 21.2.28.7. The problem seems to...
  4. elan clickpad driver not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    elan clickpad driver not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update: to whom it may concern my name is Simone and I have an issue with my laptop's touchpad. after updating to windows 10 21H1 it stopped working properly: sometimes it recognises more than one finger touching it as you can see in the dinamic icon and it starts resizing pages due...
  5. Elan Clickpad Stops Working

Elan Clickpad Stops Working: Hi,My PC is an HP Stream 14 running Windows 10 Version 1703. My clickpad stopped working somewhere around October last year, and I've still not found a fix. At first, I thought it was a software issue, so I uninstalled the clickpad's driver, reinstalled it, installed it from...
  6. Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD

Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD: I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx. I upgraded it to windows 1909. Initially everything was fine but suddenly, the trackpad became erratic, clicking randomly everywhere, freezing, jumping and all sorts of weird movements. I tried updating drivers, it worked fine...
  7. Elan clickpad drivers update for windows 10? Hp pavilion 15-cx0056wm

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Elan clickpad drivers update for windows 10? Hp pavilion 15-cx0056wm: So I cant find an update that is compatible with the current version of windows. The diver has been broken since the updates Release back in April of 2019. I can’t even update to the HP provided driver that came out in May 2019, because windows says it is not compatible with...
  8. Disable ELAN Clickpad Pinch Zoom Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100

Disable ELAN Clickpad Pinch Zoom Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100: I just received this laptop and need to disable the pinch zoom. If it is not possible, I would like to return the laptop. James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-elan-clickpad-pinch-zoom-pavilion-laptop/8ae50b00-e989-4adb-a3e7-d2e857cc0d2e
  9. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10: I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further? Details: Today the builtin...
  10. clickpad

clickpad: how can I disable the clickpad win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clickpad/ed05174a-48f6-4562-95f3-d593d056cf42

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elan clickpad gabs but doesnt release

2. ELAN Clickpad click lock

3. right click stuck elan

4. elan clickpad status shows unplugged