Windows 10: ELAN EZTouch Filter error Code 10

Discus and support ELAN EZTouch Filter error Code 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Touchscreen, keyboard and Touchpad no longer work. I am running Windows 10 Pro. Version 20 H2. In Device Manager/Human Interface Devices/ELAN EZ... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CCBD 3034, Oct 28, 2020.

1. CCBD 3034 Win User

ELAN EZTouch Filter error Code 10

My Touchscreen, keyboard and Touchpad no longer work. I am running Windows 10 Pro. Version 20 H2.

In Device Manager/Human Interface Devices/ELAN EZ Touch Filter it says" Device cannot start Code 10. A request for the HID descriptor failed.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and reinstalling the Driver to no avail.

Can you help me?

:)

CCBD 3034, Oct 28, 2020

2. Elan c12 filter driver not working

hello Greg

i have checked that the elan c12 filter driver installed is correct from Acer support website for my machine and it is correct version but date is different on my install it is 23/4/2019 and under Acer driver download it is 18/8/2015. Also what is strange
    is when i check in task manager in processes ETDservices.exe is missing. This elan c12 filter driver is listed in setting>apps& features and device manager .Also listed in control panel as ELAN HID12C filter driver X64 13.6.31_WHQL .There is definatley no
    elan tab at end of mouse properties last one is hardware tab.

PaulGrant77KX, Oct 28, 2020
  3. JohnHaber Win User
    Do I need ELAN Filter Driver

I see that, in stalled programs, I have (on still a rather new computer with Windows 10) Elan HIDI2C Filter Driver X64. It's not listed among All Apps in the Start menu anywhere I can see.

Do I need this? What does it do? Can I safely uninstall it? Thank you.

JohnHaber, Oct 28, 2020
  4. ELAN EZTouch Filter error Code 10

Elan touch pad

Hi William,

To disable tap-to-click function, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Mouse Settings.
    • Under Related Settings, select Additional Mouse Options.Click on the
      ELAN tab.
    • Click the Options button.
    • The first option should be Tapping.
    • Uncheck Enabled.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

ELAN EZTouch Filter error Code 10

1. ELAN EZTouch Filter error Code 10 - Similar Threads - ELAN EZTouch Filter

2. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  3. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  4. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad not working, Elan Input Device Code 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working, Elan Input Device Code 45: My laptop touchpad has been having issues. First, I'll notice the mouse cursor being slow or laggy/glitchy, then it will just completely stop working and I'll get Code 45: currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. I've tried uninstalling elan input...
  6. Touchpad not working, Elan Input Device Code 45

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working, Elan Input Device Code 45: My laptop touchpad has been having issues. First, I'll notice the mouse cursor being slow or laggy/glitchy, then it will just completely stop working and I'll get Code 45: currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. I've tried uninstalling elan input...
  7. elan wbf fingerprint sensor error code 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    elan wbf fingerprint sensor error code 10: ASUS Vivobook X542UF Mobo Device: ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor ID: ACPI\ELAN7001\4&2295795A&0 Location: Intel(R) Serial IO SPI Host Controller - 9D29 ISSUE: ``` This device cannot be started. (Code 10) {Operation failed} The requested operation has failed. ``` Seems to...
  8. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor - The device cannot start Code 10 error

ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor - The device cannot start Code 10 error: Hello! After i've got my laptop back from service, I noticed that i cannot use my fingerprint to Sign-In Windows, and only PIN/password is available I think i tried ALL the possibilities: 1. Uninstall - Restart - Install driver from Asus website 2. Change settings into...
  9. ELAN WBS Fingerprint Sensor Error Code 10

ELAN WBS Fingerprint Sensor Error Code 10: Hello, Recently my laptop started giving me an error code 10 on my fingerprint reader on my laptop. I have tried uninstalling including removing driver files, enabling/disabling, updating the driver from multiple sources, removing all other plugged in USB devices, and...
  10. Elan c12 filter driver not working

Elan c12 filter driver not working: I've had a problem with the touchpad on my Acer ES1 512 .It has happened twice within a month with it stopping working.Firstly after updating drivers using IOBIT driver updater and again today updating drivers again as IOBIT stated they were out of date.When it happened the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win ekan eztouchfilter request for hid descriptor failed

2. elan touchpad this device cannot start