Windows 10: ELAN Touchpad driver problem

Discus and support ELAN Touchpad driver problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all! ASUS ROG G751JT - win10 At first I thought is malware or a hardware problem... I need to stop ELAN Touchpad driver getting installed after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rZA-, Sep 25, 2020.

1. rZA- Win User

ELAN Touchpad driver problem

Hi all!

ASUS ROG G751JT - win10

At first I thought is malware or a hardware problem...

I need to stop ELAN Touchpad driver getting installed after every restart. I don't want to turn off the updates in Windows...

With the driver installed the touchpad works but is only moving the cursor. Clicks don't work :

With the driver UNINSTALLED it works perfectly fine.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind it as I never use the touchpad, I use my external USB mouse, BUT

with the mouse If i keep the driver installed sometimes clicks don't work for half a minute. For some reason CTRL+ALT+DEL and just opening task manager solves the issue.

Reinstalled windows a few times already, until i realized that ELAN drivers are the problem. Every time I uninstall the driver, windows installs it back again.

I found a tool created by Microsoft wushowhide to choose which updates to hide from next update, but the driver doesn't show on that list.

Tried deleting the exact driver from /system32/FileRepository after I uninstalled it from Device Manager, but I don't have permission for that.

Tried changing permission on that folder by right-clicking on it>Security>Advanced>Change Permissions, but "Disable Inheritance" button is grayed out.

Why is there no option to be able to choose which updates you want to install?

Thank you

:)

2. ZAP
    Zap Win User

Problems with ELAN Touchpad

Hello,

I'm using a MSI GP60 Leopard Laptop and have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
    My touchpad in Windows 8.1 worked fine but when I upgraded it seemed to stop working. I went to the mouse settings
    and the Elan tab and enabled it back and everything worked again. But then the next day it seemed to have stopped working again. Yet, this time I went to the Elan tab and nothing was there.
    ELAN Touchpad driver problem [​IMG]
    Any help?

3. Bill_862 Win User
    ELAN Driver for touchpad -Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 my ELAN touchpad driver has all but disappeared. This means I cannot remove tap to click feature amongst others. Can anybody suggest a way forward ?

Bill_862, Sep 25, 2020
  4. timow61 Win User

ELAN Driver for touchpad -Windows 10

Having just upgraded my 5+ yr. old Samsung laptop, at the 11th hour, from W7 to W10, I too experienced an erratic and non-responsive Elan touchpad -- cursor jumping to corners and edges of screen every time the touchpad was touched, with unavailable tapping
    or buttons. It was useless.

Driver update wasn't applicable as I had the latest driver; roll back made the touchpad completely unresponsive and unusable; so with trial and error I found with the following steps I was able to revert my touchpad to it's former functionality (apart from
    scrolling):

Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Device & Printers > Mouse

On the Mouse Properties box, select Hardware tab, check that Elan PS/2 is highlighted if using an external mouse, then click Properties, followed by Change Settings on the next box.

Select Driver tab, then click Update Driver and choose 'Browse my computer for driver software'. Now select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

Click on 'Elan PS/2 Port Smart-Pad' For me this was the third one down (from 4) after two input device versions (current and roll back).Click the Next box and that should do the trick, although restart is required.

timow61, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. ELAN Touchpad driver problem - Similar Threads - ELAN Touchpad driver

2. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  3. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  4. Problem with ELAN touchpad driver on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with ELAN touchpad driver on Windows 11: So I’ve had this problem since the beginning of Windows 10 but I knew my way around and I solved it pretty quickly.Whenever Windows downloads ELAN touchpad driver etd.sys from Windows Update, I get BSOD. I tried to change name of ETD.sys, disable ELAN from services etc BUT...
  5. Problem with ELAN touchpad driver on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with ELAN touchpad driver on Windows 11: So I’ve had this problem since the beginning of Windows 10 but I knew my way around and I solved it pretty quickly.Whenever Windows downloads ELAN touchpad driver etd.sys from Windows Update, I get BSOD. I tried to change name of ETD.sys, disable ELAN from services etc BUT...
  6. Elan Touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Touchpad problem: I restart my laptops left click wont work while typing when I disable palm tracking. I really need my left click to work while typing because I want to play games on my laptop but I can't in this state. Please help me! Driver- Elan Touchpad...
  7. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  8. ELAN DRIVER is a problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    ELAN DRIVER is a problem: Every time I update and the Elan driver is installed, my touchpad has a problem and the cursor acts crazy jumping all over!! So every time I have to uninstall the driver until the next update. This is very annoying!!. Is there any solution to this problem? All this...
  9. Problems with ELAN Touchpad

Problems with ELAN Touchpad: Hello, I'm using a MSI GP60 Leopard Laptop and have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. My touchpad in Windows 8.1 worked fine but when I upgraded it seemed to stop working. I went to the mouse settings and the Elan tab and enabled it back and everything...
  10. elan touchpad driver update

elan touchpad driver update: Been reading here and using win 10 from the outset. On latest build, updated this morning. This Elan touchpad driver keeps coming in through windows update and it just screws up my touchpad more than anything. When it loads up I can no longer use right or left click...