Windows 10: Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver

Discus and support Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two machines that both have Elan touchpads and both of them have significant issues. One is an Asus Zenbook 303la. The other is a Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by striper, Dec 4, 2015.

1. striper Win User

Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver

I have two machines that both have Elan touchpads and both of them have significant issues. One is an Asus Zenbook 303la. The other is a Samsung Ativbook 5. The Zenbook has erratic mouse movements. Sometimes the cursor will jump to another part of the screen. It also will click on stuff that I'm not trying to click on. The Ativbook has another issue. When I select something, there is a delay. I'll remove my finger and it stays selected for a few seconds. It especially has issues with scrolling. I tried configuring every option that I could think of.... I searched for a different driver to install but I didn't find anything on the Elan, Asus, or Samsung website. I tried uninstalling the driver and using the built in Windows driver. The touchpads work much better now but they are missing some features. The Samsung doesn't support double tapping for certain applications. Other than that it's acceptable. Anyone have any issues with these touchpad drivers or know of a work around?

:)

striper, Dec 4, 2015

2. Strange issue with ELAN Touchpad driver after installing Windows 10 on MSI laptop.

I had the same issues with erratic Touchpad behavior and tried several drivers.

This worked for me:

Station-Drivers - NEWS

JohnGrifTH, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Had to change palmrest. Windows thinks old ELAN touchpad is still installed. How do I get rid of old device?

Buttons broke on my ELAN touchpad - part of the palmrest. Bought a used one and installed, but the touchpad is Synaptics. Windows 10 keeps installing a driver for ELAN touchpad. I have run wushowhide to prevent this. I got the latest Synaptics driver
    to work by telling Device Manager to let me provide the driver source. The touchpad is connected to the PS/2 port. I backed up my system and tried doing an Update Driver from Device Manager, but that results in the ELAN device driver being downloaded and
    installed still. Also, I tried removing every reference to ELAN in my registry, but nothing keeps Windows Update (other than wushowhide) or Device Manager from trying to update to the old ELAN driver(s). How does Windows Update decide I have an ELAN touchpad
    instead of a Synaptics touchpad? Is there a way to get rid of all the references to the old ELAN touchpad?

LarryWickham, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver

1. Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver - Similar Threads - Elan touchpad has

2. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  3. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  4. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ELAN touchpad driver acting up

ELAN touchpad driver acting up: A little while ago, i tried to fix an issue where i couldn't use my touchpad while typing a key. A friend told me to install windows precision drivers from lenovo's website, but they didn't work so I went back to the default. The next time I restarted my computer, my...
  6. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  7. ELAN Touchpad driver problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ELAN Touchpad driver problem: Hi all! ASUS ROG G751JT - win10 At first I thought is malware or a hardware problem... I need to stop ELAN Touchpad driver getting installed after every restart. I don't want to turn off the updates in Windows... With the driver installed the touchpad works but is only...
  8. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64
  9. Elan touchpad driver issue under win 10

Elan touchpad driver issue under win 10: Hello guys, great feedback so far so I wanted to iron out another issue I have with windows 10. Namely after getting around windows 10 constantly installing synaptics touchpad drivers over my elan touchpad Ive gotten it to work semi properly. The things that dont work...
  10. elan touchpad driver update

elan touchpad driver update: Been reading here and using win 10 from the outset. On latest build, updated this morning. This Elan touchpad driver keeps coming in through windows update and it just screws up my touchpad more than anything. When it loads up I can no longer use right or left click...