Windows 10: ELAN Touchpad - Issue Turning it off

Discus and support ELAN Touchpad - Issue Turning it off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have read many threads of directions to turn off the ELAN touchpad. Nothing is working for me to turn it off. The Disable option is grayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichelleH525, Feb 28, 2019.

1. ELAN Touchpad - Issue Turning it off

Hello,

I have read many threads of directions to turn off the ELAN touchpad. Nothing is working for me to turn it off. The Disable option is grayed out. Please advise how I can get to this option so I can turn this off.

Thank you.

:)

MichelleH525, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Macowzen Win User

Touchpad driver issue after Windows 10 Upgrade.

Original title : Touchpad Driver.

My Touchpad has stopped working after installing windows10. The touchpad driver is not listed under device manager but I have installed the ELAN touchpad for windows 10 that I downloaded from my device Manufacturer's website. I am using a Packard Bell EasyNote
    EN TG71MB. Even under Programs and Features the ELAN Touchpad driver is not listed. Any suggestion please???

Macowzen, Feb 28, 2019
  3. functionality issues with Elan Touchpad after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the touchpad driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Feb 28, 2019
  4. striper Win User

ELAN Touchpad - Issue Turning it off

Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver

I have two machines that both have Elan touchpads and both of them have significant issues. One is an Asus Zenbook 303la. The other is a Samsung Ativbook 5. The Zenbook has erratic mouse movements. Sometimes the cursor will jump to another part of the screen. It also will click on stuff that I'm not trying to click on. The Ativbook has another issue. When I select something, there is a delay. I'll remove my finger and it stays selected for a few seconds. It especially has issues with scrolling. I tried configuring every option that I could think of.... I searched for a different driver to install but I didn't find anything on the Elan, Asus, or Samsung website. I tried uninstalling the driver and using the built in Windows driver. The touchpads work much better now but they are missing some features. The Samsung doesn't support double tapping for certain applications. Other than that it's acceptable. Anyone have any issues with these touchpad drivers or know of a work around?

striper, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

ELAN Touchpad - Issue Turning it off

1. ELAN Touchpad - Issue Turning it off - Similar Threads - ELAN Touchpad Issue

2. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Touchpad Not Working: Last Night, I used my laptop and the touchpad was working. The next day, after opening the laptop for my studies I realized that my touchpad is not working, I thought that I would restart it, but it didn't work. I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled Elan Touchpad Driver. But...
  3. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Touchpad Not Working: Last Night, I used my laptop and the touchpad was working. The next day, after opening the laptop for my studies I realized that my touchpad is not working, I thought that I would restart it, but it didn't work. I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled Elan Touchpad Driver. But...
  4. ELAN Touchpad Settings. Unable to turn off.

ELAN Touchpad Settings. Unable to turn off.: I have spent so much time trying to figure this out. I want help others looking for this solution. Go to the Start Windows icon - bottom left of your screen and look in your apps. I found ELAN Touchpad Settings. I clicked on it and was able to select Stop Device....
  5. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  6. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: I have an HP laptop I purchased in January 2019. I spent three days last year working with a tech person to disable the Elan touchpad that came installed. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and enabled the touchpad. Please tell me how to disable it again. It is a constant...
  7. Disable ELAN touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ELAN touchpad: I have an HP laptop 17-by0073cl ...when I got it a few years ago, I kept having a problem with the font size changing all the time just by brushing across the touchpad. Someone gave me the solution where I had to change a code and it worked great....for months and months....
  8. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64
  9. Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver

Elan touchpad has issues with proprietary driver: I have two machines that both have Elan touchpads and both of them have significant issues. One is an Asus Zenbook 303la. The other is a Samsung Ativbook 5. The Zenbook has erratic mouse movements. Sometimes the cursor will jump to another part of the screen. It also will...
  10. Missing elan touchpad

Missing elan touchpad: After a windows update my elan touchpad stopped working. How can I reinstall the driver? It has been a mess! 87294

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elan touchpad zoom issue