Windows 10: Elan Touchpad not working on HP Stream 14

Discus and support Elan Touchpad not working on HP Stream 14 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC's touchpad doesn't work anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, installing it from the HP Support page. The last time it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aayath Shukry, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Elan Touchpad not working on HP Stream 14

My PC's touchpad doesn't work anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, installing it from the HP Support page. The last time it worked was about 2 weeks ago. The touchpad doesn't seem to be recognised by the system, it doesn't show up on settings and control panel. The same thing happened to my keyboard after the touchpad didn't work, but the keyboard is working now. I am currently using a mouse, but its convenient to use the touchpad. Please help me fix the issue.

:)

Aayath Shukry, Nov 2, 2020

2. hp stream 11's touchpad not working

Hi Bradt,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

This might have occurred due to incompatible\ corrupted driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Let us try to download and install the latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

A chipset driver is a type of driver that refers to what is needed for a computer operating system to work with and recognize the devices connected to the computer.

You may also, try the steps suggested by Edward Shockley (replied on January 1, 2016)
    in the following thread:

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Meezzy16 Win User
    Elan touchpad disappeared

Hi Ive tried your suggestion but the downloads still do not work. My and and model is HP notebook 14-cm0037. Would really appreciate a fix for this

Thanks

Meezzy16, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Elan Touchpad not working on HP Stream 14

HP Stream Touchpad Not Working

Hi Nelly,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What do you refer to, when you say “I know the touchpad works, I'm just not sure how to get it to work”?

• What happens when you try to use the Touchpad? Does it hangs/not respond?

• Is your system up to date?
    Meanwhile, you may follow the below steps and check if you are able to switch on the Touchpad. This way we can isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on Devices.

• Click on Mouse and touchpad.

• Touch or click the Touchpad toggle to turn off or on the Touchpad.

• You may configure the various touchpad gestures also here.
    As you have got the drivers from the HP website, it is recommended to update the drivers if there are any latest updates. I suggest you to refer to the below article and check on how to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Reference: I suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by
    TylerWelch on July 30, 2015 and check if it helps.

Touchpad is not working on windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Elan Touchpad not working on HP Stream 14

1. Elan Touchpad not working on HP Stream 14 - Similar Threads - Elan Touchpad working

2. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Touchpad Not Working: Last Night, I used my laptop and the touchpad was working. The next day, after opening the laptop for my studies I realized that my touchpad is not working, I thought that I would restart it, but it didn't work. I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled Elan Touchpad Driver. But...
  3. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan Touchpad Not Working: Last Night, I used my laptop and the touchpad was working. The next day, after opening the laptop for my studies I realized that my touchpad is not working, I thought that I would restart it, but it didn't work. I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled Elan Touchpad Driver. But...
  4. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  6. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  7. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hp 14 Stream, Laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp 14 Stream, Laptop!: What can I do in replace of the Windows C: disk space? I bought this laptop and it has 57.5 gb of disk space but a game that im trying to download is 97 gb, What am I supposed to do or buy so I can download the game id like to play ? I don't download anything else so I don't...
  9. HP Stream 14

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Stream 14: Hi , I need to put more memory on to the above machine to enable download of windows updates, can I just plug in an sd card?if so what size is best please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-stream-14/d19d3106-be21-4236-a208-edd7a614a4f0"
  10. HP Stream 14

HP Stream 14: I just purchased this laptop and no ones hands of touched it but mine. I used it and the next time I checked my email I noticed the computer says no battery detect and if that doesn't suck bad enough but it says there is something wrong with my BIOS! Not to sound dumb or...