Windows 10: Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

Discus and support Elan touchpad on my HP laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since my laptop was in the shop and new Windows updates were downloaded, I cannot get rid of the Elan touchpad. I prefer to never use the touchpad.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RayLear, Aug 16, 2019.

1. RayLear Win User

Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

Since my laptop was in the shop and new Windows updates were downloaded, I cannot get rid of the Elan touchpad. I prefer to never use the touchpad. How do I disable this annoying device?

:)

RayLear, Aug 16, 2019

2. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the additional settings. The last tab i see is Hardware. It does show the Elan Touchpad under the hardware tab,
    just like my other computer but no additional tab with the Elan title which has the checkbox to disable it when an external mouse is connected. I have windows 10 home and an hp laptop. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I have already reinstalled the
    drivers 2x and it did nothing to change the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Completely Frustrated!!

HP User Lawbirdy, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Today I made the Windows 10 (Home) update to my Samsung Series 9 laptop (under 2yo) having uninstalled Avast! and making sure everything was up-to-date. I had to force the update as I noticed the 80240020 error present from Windows Update. Anyway, after the update the touchpad did not function correctly. At first it didn't work at all (luckily I had a wireless Logitech mouse) and then it was only able to move the cursor (clicks, scrolls and swipes did not work). I did a little research and found out that the culprit is the Elan touchpad driver 11.7.33.1 which both Windows Update and Samsung Update suggest as the driver I should use. I could not repair the software nor could I make find a better driver. I finally rolled-back to previous touchpad driver (some old MS driver) and it restored basic functionality (I can move the cursor and use left and right clicks). When I go to Samsung Update, it suggests I should install the incompatible driver. When I go to Windows Update, it forces the installation of the incompatible driver.

As I'm sure some of you have Samsung laptops or laptops that use the same touchpad drivers, I would be interested in hearing how compatible Windows 10 has been concerning your touchpads.

Tigerman82, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

Based on what you shared, I think the best way to solve this problem is for you to disable the touchpad.

Please see the steps below:

To disable the Touchpad:

1. Press Windows+r on your keyboard.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter on your keyboard

3. Expand the category "Mouse and other Pointing Devices" and right-click on the driver for the Elan Touchpad and select
    Disable Driver.

4. Restart your device

After completing the above steps please let me know if it helped, if it didn't we can try a different solution

Omoikane1122, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

1. Elan touchpad on my HP laptop - Similar Threads - Elan touchpad laptop

2. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  3. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  4. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ELAN Touchpad not working "device not present" on HP laptop

ELAN Touchpad not working "device not present" on HP laptop: The touchpad on my HP laptop HP -14ck0xxx running Windows 10 is unresponsive. The buttons and the pad are not working. When I check my Device Manager, I have to select "Show hidden devices" to see the touchpad under Mice and other pointing options. The touchpad has a warning...
  6. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  7. Elan Touchpad not working on HP Stream 14

Elan Touchpad not working on HP Stream 14: My PC's touchpad doesn't work anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, installing it from the HP Support page. The last time it worked was about 2 weeks ago. The touchpad doesn't seem to be recognised by the system, it doesn't show up on settings and...
  8. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: I have an HP laptop I purchased in January 2019. I spent three days last year working with a tech person to disable the Elan touchpad that came installed. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and enabled the touchpad. Please tell me how to disable it again. It is a constant...
  9. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop: I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the additional settings. The last tab i see is Hardware. It does show the Elan Touchpad under the hardware tab, just like my other...
  10. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elan keyboard drivers windows 10

2. what is elan touchpad on my computer

3. elan touch pad use

4. open elan touchpad on laptop,
  5. hp elan touchpad test,
  6. disable elan touchpad on hp laptop