Windows 10: Elan Touchpad problem

Discus and support Elan Touchpad problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I restart my laptops left click wont work while typing when I disable palm tracking. I really need my left click to work while typing because I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jovantran, Feb 6, 2021.

1. jovantran Win User

Elan Touchpad problem

I restart my laptops left click wont work while typing when I disable palm tracking. I really need my left click to work while typing because I want to play games on my laptop but I can't in this state. Please help me!

Driver- Elan Touchpad

:)

jovantran, Feb 6, 2021
  2. ZAP
    Zap Win User

Problems with ELAN Touchpad

Hello,

I'm using a MSI GP60 Leopard Laptop and have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
    My touchpad in Windows 8.1 worked fine but when I upgraded it seemed to stop working. I went to the mouse settings
    and the Elan tab and enabled it back and everything worked again. But then the next day it seemed to have stopped working again. Yet, this time I went to the Elan tab and nothing was there.
    Elan Touchpad problem [​IMG]
    Any help?

3. Louie_101 Win User
    Elan touchpad

To follow up on this issue, here are a few other things you can try:

-Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and select Control Panel from the list.

-When Control Panel opens, go to Hardware and Soundsection and select Mouse.

-When Mouse settings window opens, you should see ELANor Device Settings tab. Switch to it.

-Locate Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached option and enable it.

-Click Apply and OK to save changes.

If that doesn't work or isn't available, a registry edit should be the solution for us, I'd personally suggest a registry backup by clicking on file and export before performing the below steps, to be on a safer side:

Open Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Elantech/Othersetting/DisableWhenDetectUSBMousekey in the left pane.

Change the value from 0 to 1 and close Registry Editor.

After making those changes your touchpad will now be disabled every time you connect a mouse to your laptop. As you can see, even though this option isn’t available, you can still enable it by following these steps. We have to mention that this solution applies
    only if you’re using ELAN touchpad.

Louie_101, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Jaccuzi Win User

Elan Touchpad problem

ELAN Touchpad

Hi, everyone out there!

I have a problem with my ELAN touchpad : neither the touch area, nor the

other "mouse functions," i.e. left- and right click, is working anymore. Actually,

it happened just like that, from one second to the next (without my doing any-

thing to the touchpad).

I reinstalled the ELAN touchpad driver, but : nothing doing.

Could the touchpad (hardware) be defective, i.e. would I have to replace the entire

touchpad (incl. the 'clicking buttons'? Can it be replaced without much hassle?

How do I do it? Where can I get information on how to replace it?

Thanks for helping out!

Best,

Tom

Jaccuzi, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Elan Touchpad problem

1. Elan Touchpad problem - Similar Threads - Elan Touchpad problem

2. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Touchpad Not Working: Last Night, I used my laptop and the touchpad was working. The next day, after opening the laptop for my studies I realized that my touchpad is not working, I thought that I would restart it, but it didn't work. I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled Elan Touchpad Driver. But...
  3. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Touchpad Not Working: Last Night, I used my laptop and the touchpad was working. The next day, after opening the laptop for my studies I realized that my touchpad is not working, I thought that I would restart it, but it didn't work. I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled Elan Touchpad Driver. But...
  4. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  5. ELAN Touchpad driver problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ELAN Touchpad driver problem: Hi all! ASUS ROG G751JT - win10 At first I thought is malware or a hardware problem... I need to stop ELAN Touchpad driver getting installed after every restart. I don't want to turn off the updates in Windows... With the driver installed the touchpad works but is only...
  6. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: I have an HP laptop I purchased in January 2019. I spent three days last year working with a tech person to disable the Elan touchpad that came installed. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and enabled the touchpad. Please tell me how to disable it again. It is a constant...
  7. Disable ELAN touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ELAN touchpad: I have an HP laptop 17-by0073cl ...when I got it a few years ago, I kept having a problem with the font size changing all the time just by brushing across the touchpad. Someone gave me the solution where I had to change a code and it worked great....for months and months....
  8. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64
  9. Problems with ELAN Touchpad

Problems with ELAN Touchpad: Hello, I'm using a MSI GP60 Leopard Laptop and have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. My touchpad in Windows 8.1 worked fine but when I upgraded it seemed to stop working. I went to the mouse settings and the Elan tab and enabled it back and everything...
  10. Missing elan touchpad

Missing elan touchpad: After a windows update my elan touchpad stopped working. How can I reinstall the driver? It has been a mess! 87294

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elan touchpad auto stop

2. how to enable left button in window registry elan