Windows 10: ELAN touchpad

Discus and support ELAN touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertZuck, Dec 20, 2020.

1. ELAN touchpad

How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing.

:)

RobertZuck, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Louie_101 Win User

Elan touchpad

To follow up on this issue, here are a few other things you can try:

-Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and select Control Panel from the list.

-When Control Panel opens, go to Hardware and Soundsection and select Mouse.

-When Mouse settings window opens, you should see ELANor Device Settings tab. Switch to it.

-Locate Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached option and enable it.

-Click Apply and OK to save changes.

If that doesn't work or isn't available, a registry edit should be the solution for us, I'd personally suggest a registry backup by clicking on file and export before performing the below steps, to be on a safer side:

Open Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Elantech/Othersetting/DisableWhenDetectUSBMousekey in the left pane.

Change the value from 0 to 1 and close Registry Editor.

After making those changes your touchpad will now be disabled every time you connect a mouse to your laptop. As you can see, even though this option isn’t available, you can still enable it by following these steps. We have to mention that this solution applies
    only if you’re using ELAN touchpad.

Louie_101, Dec 20, 2020
  3. kllaidler Win User
    Missing elan touchpad

After a windows update my elan touchpad stopped working. How can I reinstall the driver? It has been a mess!

kllaidler, Dec 20, 2020
  4. ZAP
    Zap Win User

ELAN touchpad

Problems with ELAN Touchpad

Hello,

I'm using a MSI GP60 Leopard Laptop and have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
    My touchpad in Windows 8.1 worked fine but when I upgraded it seemed to stop working. I went to the mouse settings
    and the Elan tab and enabled it back and everything worked again. But then the next day it seemed to have stopped working again. Yet, this time I went to the Elan tab and nothing was there.
    ELAN touchpad [​IMG]
    Any help?

Thema:

ELAN touchpad

1. ELAN touchpad - Similar Threads - ELAN touchpad

2. Elan Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10: Hello, I am having an issue in my HP laptop. I have touchpad with elan drivers after a recent windows 11 update my touchpad got stop working and i having tried everything it's not working but i found a solution that1 Delete Elan Drivers to Microsoft PS2 Drivers2 Restart3...
  3. Elan Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10: Hello, I am having an issue in my HP laptop. I have touchpad with elan drivers after a recent windows 11 update my touchpad got stop working and i having tried everything it's not working but i found a solution that1 Delete Elan Drivers to Microsoft PS2 Drivers2 Restart3...
  4. Elan Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  6. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  7. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

8. ELAN Touchpad not working, tried everything

ELAN Touchpad not working, tried everything: Hello, I am losing my mind, I don't know if my exact scenario has been solved, since I haven't found any answer on this website, or the internet. I'll try be as short and as precise as possible. I had to reinstall windows for a HP 250 G9 6Q947ES which initially had Windows...
  9. ELAN Touchpad not working, tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ELAN Touchpad not working, tried everything: Hello, I am losing my mind, I don't know if my exact scenario has been solved, since I haven't found any answer on this website, or the internet. I'll try be as short and as precise as possible. I had to reinstall windows for a HP 250 G9 6Q947ES which initially had Windows...
  10. ELAN Touchpad not working, tried everything