Windows 10: ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start

Discus and support ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop is not working, version: 4.5.1001.10704 This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by agungdeppe, Nov 9, 2019.

1. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start

hi,

ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop is not working,

version: 4.5.1001.10704

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated.

I think this happened since this update windows, but I don't know which one,

since after tried to Reset this PC and check updates, the windows is updating these:

Quality Updates:

- 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based System (KB4522355)

Other Updates:

- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - October 2019 (KB890830)

tried to uninstall the Quality update using Recovery > Advanced Startup, but unable to uninstall.

kindly please help if someone also experienced this problem.

Thank You.

:)

agungdeppe, Nov 9, 2019
  2. SinaK1 Win User

Fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello don't work

So long story short, windows 10 crashed after my asus laptop did the October update. I was stuck on the automatic repair loop. No troubleshooting step worked, so I decided to clean install windows 10. After I installed a clean version of Windows 10, everything
    worked fine (except for the fact that all my files are lost and I have to reinstall every program, thanks windows), however my fingerprint sensor doesnt work, and windows hello isnt activated. I checked device manager and there is a yellow exclamation mark
    beside ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor under Biometric devices. Opening the properties and under device status, the following is written:

This device is currently waiting on another device or set of devices to start. (Code 51)

Dependencies:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A32A&SUBSYS_1E401043&REV_10\3&11583659&0&F2

ACPI\INT3450\3&11583659&0

The drivers are up to date, however in windows update in the settings, the driver shows up as a failed install attempt. I have tried uninstalling the device and its drivers but it keeps getting reinstalled automatically after refreshing device manager.

Can someone please help?

SinaK1, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Interface software for Synaptics WBF fingerprint driver

Hello Chicago Bulls,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to set up your fingerprint?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, make sure that your laptop has the latest driver installed for Synaptics WBF Fingerprint Driver. According to
    HP's website, the latest driver is version
    4.5.345.0 Rev.A.

If your laptop is already running the latest driver for the fingerprint device, try to uninstall and reinstall the driver:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc and press
    Enter.

2. In the Device Manager window, locate the
    Synaptics WBF Fingerprint Driver
    and right-click on it.

3. Select Uninstall.

4. Reboot your computer and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

5. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Mynn Win User

ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start

Problems with the fingerprint sensor

My ASUS zenbook UX431F's fingerprint sensor is not working. The problem started out as me not being able to log in using my fingerprint so i deleted it and added my fingerprint again which solved the problem for awhile. However, now i am unable to even
    add another one as it keeps showing up as "The device is unable to recognize your fingerprint. Please clean your sensor.". Even after cleaning it i am unable to use the function. Is this a problem with the software or am i supposed to bring my laptop in for
    maintenance. I got my laptop less than a year ago so it is relatively new.

Mynn, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start

1. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start - Similar Threads - ELAN WBF Fingerprint

2. Fingerprint sensor not recognized after KB4517389 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fingerprint sensor not recognized after KB4517389 update: After the update KB4517389, the fingerprint sensor (Synaptic) on my Lenovo E531 was no longer working. It didn't show up in the device manager. I uninstalled KB4517389 and the the fingerprint sensor works fine now....
  3. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint Sensor: Where is the fingerprint sensor on a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor/204bf66a-08c5-4225-b428-d9f1dc2c914c
  4. Problems with the fingerprint sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problems with the fingerprint sensor: My ASUS zenbook UX431F's fingerprint sensor is not working. The problem started out as me not being able to log in using my fingerprint so i deleted it and added my fingerprint again which solved the problem for awhile. However, now i am unable to even add another one as it...
  5. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: good day, hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?...
  6. Where is the fingerprint sensor located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the fingerprint sensor located?: Where is the fingerprint sensor located? On the trackpad? It does not seem to respond to my finger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-fingerprint-sensor-located/bc37c073-78a3-4e84-84d1-3bda0cdcb20c
  7. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor: I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me...
  8. FINGERPRINT SENSOR PROBLEM ON DELL LATITUDE E5430

FINGERPRINT SENSOR PROBLEM ON DELL LATITUDE E5430: Good day, When I set up my fingerprint in my windows hello it always says that "that fingerprint has already been set up on another account. Try a different finger." In the past, I was able to set it up without problems. However, when I performed a clean install of Windows...
  9. Fingerprint sensor Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint sensor Problem: Hi there! I have dell Vostro 3468 and also the updated drivers for FP sensor. But Windows Hello is not still responding showing "Windows Hello is not available on the device". Device also has a fp scanner mounted at the bottom of touch mouse. I tried many methods like...
  10. Cannot find Start up icon on new Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot find Start up icon on new Asus laptop: I'm trying to get to the control panel and don't see a start up icon in the task bar area. There are 5 icons in the lower left hand corner: Apps, Google, Gmail, Docs, and Youtube. 56028

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elan wbf fingerprint sensor not working