Windows 10: Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers

Discus and support Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A critical vulnerability affecting Electron desktop apps has been disclosed. Electron is a node.js, V8, and Chromium framework created for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers

Read more: Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Jan 23, 2018

2. Vedio format player

Hi mate,

Not sure there are any such apps as that is a Series60 3rd edition device, and due to its age, developers have probably stopped developing apps for the platform, and I doubt there would be anything on the Nokia Store for your device. You may strike luck with
    Google, but I'd say that was your only option here.

adrianhughesNSD, Jan 23, 2018
  3. app like electrodroid

No problem , no need to appologize, I'm more frustrated on app developers Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers :)

BTW, I think that trial apps are critical for developers because they are easy to crack.

zokonja---01, Jan 23, 2018
Thema:

Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers

1. Electron critical vulnerability strikes app developers - Similar Threads - Electron critical vulnerability

2. Critically severe Windows vulnerability discovered

in Windows 10 News
    Critically severe Windows vulnerability discovered: In May 2017, the WannaCry ransomware attack swept the globe, affecting computers that used Microsoft Windows. During the attack, users' files were locked and a ransom in Bitcoin was demanded in exchange for their release. It hit hundreds of thousands of computers globally and...
  3. Electron based apps refuse to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Electron based apps refuse to open: So the past few months I've been having this issue where sometimes launching electron based apps(like Discord or Edge or Chrome) does not launch the app. I can see the app starting up in task manager but the window does not show up. The only way to solve this is through a...
  4. Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer: I have a paid developer account and work for a consumer electronics company that makes Windows-compatible devices. A recent Windows 10 update has broken our device compatibility due to erroneous driver selection. How am I supposed to report this to Microsoft? I've reported...
  5. App Development Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Development Help: @Superfly I am looking to tap into your coding ability... I have this Batch File that exports the Hosts Drivers and then integrates them into Booted WinPE The problems are if more then 1 host OS if version of host OS is different then PE version (Win8.1 - Win10) if Arch of OS...
  6. windows toast notification from electron app

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows toast notification from electron app: Hi all, I am trying to make windows toast notification from electron app.when i try to install "npm install --save electron-windows-notifications",i am getting the below error "fatal error C1107: could not find assembly 'Windows.winmd': please specify the assembly...
  7. Embed terminal inside electron app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Embed terminal inside electron app: how to embed terminal window inside windows electron app like vs-code editor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/embed-terminal-inside-electron-app/2b9260f1-70f1-4547-b999-5c36ddec29c2
  8. Windows 95 now available as an Electron app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 95 now available as an Electron app: I put Windows 95 into an Electron app that now runs on macOS, Windows, and Linux. It's a terrible idea that works shockingly well. I'm so sorry. Download: Releases - felixrieseberg/windows95 - GitHub Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 116542
  9. Kaspersky Lab pushes emergency patch for critical vulnerability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kaspersky Lab pushes emergency patch for critical vulnerability: Kaspersky Lab has released an emergency patch for some of its antivirus products after a security researcher found a critical vulnerability that could allow hackers to compromise computers. The flaw was discovered by vulnerability researcher and Google security engineer...
  10. Critical vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player 28.0.0.137 and earlier

in Windows 10 News
    Critical vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player 28.0.0.137 and earlier: UPDATE 2/6: KB4074595 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player - Feb. 6 - Windows 10 Forums Security Advisory for Flash Player | APSA18-01 Bulletin ID Date Published Priority APSA18-01 February 1, 2018 1 Summary A critical vulnerability (CVE-2018-4878) exists...