Windows 10: Element not found for each fixboot and rebuild bcd, RAW recovery

Discus and support Element not found for each fixboot and rebuild bcd, RAW recovery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This computer currently boots without problems. It had been upgraded from 1703 to 1909 and displayed black screens with Preferred Settings (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zbook, Nov 29, 2019.

1. zbook Win User

Element not found for each fixboot and rebuild bcd, RAW recovery

This computer currently boots without problems.

It had been upgraded from 1703 to 1909 and displayed black screens with Preferred Settings (not responding) and Windows explorer not responding.

Troubleshooting steps were unable to fix the black screen and had included:

HP UEFI hardware diagnostics
    Chkdsk /r /v
    BIOS upgrade
    Uninstalling Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers
    Uninstalling one Windows update
    Startup repair and checking srttrail.txt
    etc.

The computer had only 10 days to rollback the upgrade.

The upgrade was rolled back.

setupdiag displayed: System Boot Failure

Booting to windows RE on a windows 10 iso 1909 displayed:

bootrec /fixmbr..................> The operation completed successfully

bootrec /fixboot.................> Element not found

bootrec /scanos.................> Total identified windows installations: 1

bootrec /rebuildbcd..........> Total identified windows installations: 1
    .............................................> Add installation to boot list?
    .............................................> Y
    .............................................> Element not found

Windows RE (safe mode with command prompt) had been used extensively during the troubleshooting process.

After the rollback the two recovery display RAW, reagentc /info displayed disabled, and reagentc /enable failed.

Element not found for each fixboot and rebuild bcd, RAW recovery [​IMG]

Code:
    DESKTOP-BH9NBPV-(2019-11-29_01-25-06).zip
    DESKTOP-BH9NBPV-Fri_11_29_2019__21500_05.zip

1) How can each the boot command results be troubleshooted?
    a) system boot failure
    b) element not found for each fixboot and rebuild bcd?

2) How can the Windows recovery partition be fixed so that safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, and safe mode with networking are available?

:)

zbook, Nov 29, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?

This is normal that under Recovery Environment, The letters are re-assigned. This is why you have to be careful and select the correct one.
    @dictum
    Advice: Never use Easy BCD with Windows installed using GPT disk. Use Easy UEFI instead provided you know what you are doing. Easy BCD only works with MBR disk type.
    Base on the screen shot above. Your disk 0 is your new Windows and your disk 1 contains the old Windows. Disk 3 contains a 512MB Fat32 partition and I don't know what that is. I suggest you disconnect disk 3 for now before proceeding.

Let rebuild new BCD's for both disk 0, and disk 1. Please follow step by step on the 2 screen shots below. On step 3, write down the drive letter for PM981_New. In the screen shot, My Windows is still assigned to C but it might be different from yours. In step 10, if the drive letter is different than C, then use the letter in step 3.

Do exactly the same for disk 1, this time select disk 1 in step 4 and assign letter V in step 7, Use V and the drive letter for Old Windows in step 10. This will create a new BCD for PM981_Old and you will be able to boot separately from boot menu.

From boot menu, select which one to boot from.
    Once booted into Windows. If you wish, you can set up dual boot for Windows old & New. Under This PC, look for the drive letter of the offline Windows and type:
    bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the letter of the offline Windows

topgundcp, Nov 29, 2019
  3. sad-icus Win User
    Error Code 0xc000000e “element not found” bootrec /fixboot

Error Code 0xc000000e

attempting Win10 Recovery from USB

Trying to fix corrupted “C” drive yet the recovery command prompt stars at “x:\Sources>”

“element not found” bootrec /fixboot

How to select the correct disk and make the Windows active and run the commands again?

If the commands are run from “x:\Sources>” or "x:\Windows\System32" it gives the same error.

here is what's been tried: [FIX] Windows 10 Master Boot Record Is Corrupted

• BOOTREC /FIXMBR (ok)

• BOOTREC /FIXBOOT (“element not found”)

• BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD (have not made it to this step)

sad-icus, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Blaq Win User

Bootrec /fixboot → "Element not found"

As posted above (images inline, this time):

List volume

List disk

Select disk 1
    List partition

Thema:

1. Element not found for each fixboot and rebuild bcd, RAW recovery - Similar Threads - Element found each

2. io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD: after reinstalling the EFI partition bootrec seems to have installed UEFI instead of legacy into the EFI partition which causes windows to give an error io1 initialization failed, i've been trying for hours to get this to work, forcefully booting in legacy mode from a usb...
  3. Steps to Rebuild the UEFI Boot Partition and for Rebuild BCD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Steps to Rebuild the UEFI Boot Partition and for Rebuild BCD: Can someone please Lay out the Steps Precisely to Re-Instate the EFI Boot Partition and the Steps Commands to Rebuild the BCD for UEFI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steps-to-rebuild-the-uefi-boot-partition-and-for/a837e063-dddf-4631-95a5-6b45f94b6560
  4. Cannot rebuild BCD files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot rebuild BCD files.: I restarted my PC after messing with ASUS files on my computer, ASUS is mb manufacturer and I'm getting a blue screen with the error code 0xc0000225. I've searched the internet for fixes and none of them have worked yet. The most promising solution, repairing my BCD files,...
  5. Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD: This one is a stickler and every possible solution has been combatted with no path found or no file specified. I needed to use my PC's CD driver to play a disk to install a driver for a wifi adpater. My PC does not have a spare SATA cord so I had to unplug the SSD and plug...
  6. Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD: This one is a stickler and every possible solution has been combatted with no path found or no file specified. I needed to use my PC's CD driver to play a disk to install a driver for a wifi adpater. My PC does not have a spare SATA cord so I had to unplug the SSD and plug...
  7. Bootrec /fixboot → "Element not found"

Bootrec /fixboot → "Element not found": Using Macrium Reflect, I cloned my system SSD to a larger SSD, but the new SSD won't boot. (error 0xc000000e; this is obviously after powering down and disconnecting the old SSD.) This is on an old PC using BIOS booting and MBR disks. I created a Windows 10 installation DVD,...
  8. How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?: I have a number of bogus entries in BCD. Plus I cloned my primary Win10-1903 SSD to create a multiboot system, ran EasyBCD and that's what added all these fake entries. On top of that, it sometimes has trouble booting, I have to hit Cntrl-Alt-Delete to restart the boot...
  9. Fix Element Not Found error for Bootrec /Fixboot on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Element Not Found error for Bootrec /Fixboot on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows command line is a very useful utility for advanced users. Fixing system files, checking the disk for errors, and many other intensive tasks are made convenient with this. Another task that we carry out with the Command Prompt [...] This post Fix...
  10. BCD File Rebuild and BIOS

BCD File Rebuild and BIOS: Our IT department updated my pc to 1803 not realizing that I have an X299 motherboard and a Samsung NVME SSD boot drive. I came in the next day to get the BCD File error BSOD with error code 0xc000098 (a known bug but not fixed a year after discovery). Our IT department...