Windows 10: Elevated Admin Access

Discus and support Elevated Admin Access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. Can someone help me figure out how to get elevated administrator access, so I can make changes and download items on my surface pro? I keep... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AntonellaAbbott, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Elevated Admin Access

Hi. Can someone help me figure out how to get elevated administrator access, so I can make changes and download items on my surface pro? I keep getting a pop up screen that I need elevated privileges, and I need to enter my pin, but there is no spot to enter the pin.

Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro (5th Generation) / Install, update, and repair

:)

AntonellaAbbott, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Unable To Get Admin Access

Hi,

Thank you for response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

Check if you can activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Now try the steps provided by our support engineer in previous post and check.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Elevated Admin Access

Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Elevated Admin Access

1. Elevated Admin Access - Similar Threads - Elevated Admin Access

2. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin: The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated on the remote computer.2 Execute runas /user:Administrator cmd3 In the resulting elevated prompt, execute all one...
  3. UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC prompts with QuickAssist, elevated Admin: The quick explanation of how to "unblock" UAC prompts on the remote, from the assisting PC, is, from the assisting PC:1 Open cmd.exe non-elevated on the remote computer.2 Execute runas /user:Administrator cmd3 In the resulting elevated prompt, execute all one...
  4. Admin elevated account cloud connected no longer available. Access for admin functions not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin elevated account cloud connected no longer available. Access for admin functions not...: Hello,I have a problem that I believe will end up making me re-image this Dell xps13 laptop, running win11 home. I just recently had the motherboard replaced via Dell support due to memory errors as memory is embedded on motherboard, the motherboard was replaced.I have two...
  5. Admin elevated account cloud connected no longer available. Access for admin functions not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin elevated account cloud connected no longer available. Access for admin functions not...: Hello,I have a problem that I believe will end up making me re-image this Dell xps13 laptop, running win11 home. I just recently had the motherboard replaced via Dell support due to memory errors as memory is embedded on motherboard, the motherboard was replaced.I have two...
  6. "the requested operation requires elevation" results when trying to gain admin access. Did...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "the requested operation requires elevation" results when trying to gain admin access. Did...: I have been beating around the bush on this one for some time ... but now I'm desperate.I hope I have documented this appropriately here in this file stored on my MS Drive:https://1drv.ms/b/s!AsvFVTMrv4okgdYvkma-k997H8czOA?e=AhaKMh...
  7. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  8. Elevated Access Required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated Access Required: Hello, We're deploying Windows 10 to all our corporate computers, and I was trying to write a batch file to silently install all the necessary core programs that our employees would need. However I keep getting an elevated access required issue when running the batch file...
  9. Elevate Windows 10 Pro Admin User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevate Windows 10 Pro Admin User: Hi, Does anyone know how to stop the attached alerts? I got this one, just for renaming the C drive label, if I click Continue it works fine, but if I am logged in as an Admin user, that should be enough for me, so can we get rid of this alert? I don't want to use the...
  10. Admin elevation

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin elevation: I hate appearing stupid, but it is the only way I learn... I have two user accounts on this computer, one as Administrator and the other as, well, let's call it "me". Both are Administrator accounts. So why is it that I regularly am either told or asked to elevate...