Windows 10: Elevated administrator name

Discus and support Elevated administrator name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On the cmd prompt I entered a name for the "elevated administrator". Now I want to change it but I forgot what it was, and I need to know what it is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jellyman, Jan 6, 2016.

1. jellyman Win User

Elevated administrator name

On the cmd prompt I entered a name for the "elevated administrator".
    Now I want to change it but I forgot what it was, and I need to know what it is to change it.
    How or where can I go in win 10 to see what it is?*Redface

:)

jellyman, Jan 6, 2016

2. Need Administrator Authority To Copy, Paste, & Delete Files In Windows 10

My Windows 10 login name and password does not have Administrator Authority. How do I elevate to Administrator Authority? Otherwise, what do I need to do to create a login name and password to Windows 10 that does have Administrator Authority?

JamesMitchellJr, Jan 6, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Elevated Administrator Privelege

Glad to help, if you have any more questions, please contact us here at MS Community!

DaveM121, Jan 6, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Your new name should appear under Users in the Local Users and Groups section of the Computer Management console (right click the start menu to access this).

There is also a tutorial on this that should help you sort this out:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Jan 8, 2016
  5. jellyman Win User
    Somehow I cancelled my local administrator account but I was logged in as an elevated administrator, I wanted to make the elevated administrator inactive so I at the cmd prompt I deactivated it. Then I shut down, when I restarted, administrator came up for log in to Windows, but I had no microsoft account and no local account and my elevated administrator account was inactive. I was locked out of windows I spent many hours searching the net for a solution and there were many people who found themselves in the same situation as myself. the only solution was to re set windows. I was able to access the windows re set screen from the on/off button right bottom corner of log on screen, but lost all settings etc in the process.

jellyman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Elevated administrator name - Similar Threads - Elevated administrator name

2. name of administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    name of administrator: i need change name of user but i dont have local users and groups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-of-administrator/aebf3e3a-d717-4743-8eea-aa7024605f31
  3. name of administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    name of administrator: i need change name of user but i dont have local users and groups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-of-administrator/aebf3e3a-d717-4743-8eea-aa7024605f31
  4. name of administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Elevate only user on laptop to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elevate only user on laptop to administrator: My kid 12 yrs has a laptop win 10. I would like to give him administrative rights.Under accounts there is no "Family and Other" setting, which is often referred to when addressing this problem.There is no other account visible, so there is no administrator that can give him...
  6. Elevate only user on laptop to administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elevate only user on laptop to administrator: My kid 12 yrs has a laptop win 10. I would like to give him administrative rights.Under accounts there is no "Family and Other" setting, which is often referred to when addressing this problem.There is no other account visible, so there is no administrator that can give him...
  7. Elevate only user on laptop to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. administrator name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    administrator name: Hi I’m new to windows how can I change the administrator name ? (It’s not linked to a microsoft account) submitted by /u/a555111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hosgcv/administrator_name/
  9. Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy: I am the only one using my laptop and I set the UAC elevation prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop for local Admin accounts which I prefer to use....
  10. Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator: I recently upgraded my W8.1 system to W10. I'm assuming my administrator password is the same as it was - I don't recall being prompted to change and save it - but, I'm never prompted for it. Instead, everytime I try to do something that requires administrative privilege...