Windows 10: Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health

Discus and support Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So... Hi! Everybody... Hope all is well with you and yours this Thanksgiving week. Ran into an unexpected problem earlier today. Trying to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Keithorino, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health

So... Hi! Everybody... Hope all is well with you and yours this Thanksgiving week.

Ran into an unexpected problem earlier today. Trying to use the Elevated Command Prompt to execute the DISM/System File Checker functions to check the quality of Windows 10 protected system files. Was advised to use the DISM/SFC tools first as a precaution. Tried that. Elevated Command Prompt informed me it had never ever heard of such commands.

Does that sound right??? Has anyone else noticed that this version of Elevated Command Prompt does not include a Cleanup-system/Restore Health command? I had just assumed that it would.

My versionn of Windows 10 Home Edition is: v2004 (OS Build 19041.630)

:)

Keithorino, Nov 26, 2020
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health

Its quite possible that you may have typed them in wrong (I done it plenty of times)

Its why I keep a notepad page on my desktop with needed commands. I just copy and paste.

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

sfc /scannow

thomaseg1, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health

So... Hi! Everybody... Hope all is well with you and yours this Thanksgiving week.

Ran into an unexpected problem earlier today. Trying to use the Elevated Command Prompt to execute the DISM/System File Checker functions to check the quality of Windows 10 protected system files. Was advised to use the DISM/SFC tools first as a precaution. Tried that. Elevated Command Prompt informed me it had never ever heard of such commands.

Does that sound right??? Has anyone else noticed that this version of Elevated Command Prompt does not include a Cleanup-system/Restore Health command? I had just assumed that it would.

My versionn of Windows 10 Home Edition is: v2004 (OS Build 19041.630)

Keithorino, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health

1. Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health - Similar Threads - Elevated Command does

2. Image restore command stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image restore command stuck at 62.3%: Hi I ran sfc /scannow on command prompt and it showed that it found some corrupted files but couldn't repair them , so I ran the dism image restore command but it was stuck at 62.3% and due to which ai closed the command prompt and ran the chkdsk C: /f command and continued...
  3. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.: While i try the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth on CMDadmin i get the following error:[===========================55.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logAlso i get this...
  4. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.: While i try the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth on CMDadmin i get the following error:[===========================55.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logAlso i get this...
  5. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Restore health command not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore health command not working: When I try the restore health command , it says error occured and i don,t know the reason [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-health-command-not-working/432e36e7-1d81-45db-bfb7-6f5d7a6057cb
  7. Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health

in Windows 10 Support
    Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health: So... Hi! Everybody... Hope all is well with you and yours this Thanksgiving week. Ran into an unexpected problem earlier today. Trying to use the Elevated Command Prompt to execute the DISM/System File Checker functions to check the quality of Windows 10 protected system...
  8. Restore health command on CMD stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore health command on CMD stopped working.: i occaisionaly UBS does not recognize by windows nor forgive me if i take this opportunity to rant on the "brilliant" Decision to make this POP UP keep popping up without any meaning full to get windows to shut the !@!!!##!! up about it. any way i used to be able to fix this...
  9. Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image: I am trying to restore health of my Win 10 Pro image. I downloaded the fresh Win 10 64 bit ISO from MS. Converted the install.esd to install.wim. But after running 82.9% Dism is failing with the error that source file could not be found.I first kept install.wim in root...
  10. DISM lacking Package Manager commands (Cleanup-image)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM lacking Package Manager commands (Cleanup-image): Hello everyone, I seem to have some serious problems with my Windows 10 Build 10.0.10586.113. These started after trying to take Ownership of C:/ (where I installed Windows). I tried this because on several occasions trying to move/copy files in different directories I...