Windows 10: Elevated disk storage used on Windows 10, mostly on Applications & Carachteristics

Discus and support Elevated disk storage used on Windows 10, mostly on Applications & Carachteristics in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there; As I could see from other posts, there are similar problems with the disk space that keeps growing on Windows 10 SSD. Most of my disk space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alejandro Pagano, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Elevated disk storage used on Windows 10, mostly on Applications & Carachteristics

Hi there;

As I could see from other posts, there are similar problems with the disk space that keeps growing on Windows 10 SSD. Most of my disk space is held on the application and characteristics Aplicaciones y caracteristicas, since my windows is in spanish. I thought that could have been for some particular software that I had installed, but even after doing the uninstall through the proper soft tool, the space did not only stayed the same but I found out that it has even incrased up to leave only 2 GB free. As for today,

- Apps and chars takes 242 GB, the "bigger" app is Spotify with 8 GB

- Documents 131 GB,

- Other 5,75 GB

- Temp flies 4,88 GB

- Videos 1,28 GB

Is there any way to check the applications & characteristics to truly dtermine if those 242 GB are used?

Is there any workaround for this situation since the space seems to gets smaller every day?

Thanks in Advance

:)

Alejandro Pagano, Aug 21, 2020

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Aug 21, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Access Disks that were previously used in Windows 10 Storage Pool

Hi, whilst theoretically it should be possible to move a set of disks configured as a storage space from one installation to another, and from one build to another, in practice this has been reported here as not working (I think only a couple of instances, so limited evidence).

You may indeed have to revert your build.

In particular note:

Issue with some Storage Spaces configurations after updating to Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 | Microsoft Support

Workaround and recovery steps for issue with some Parity Storage Spaces after updating to Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 | Microsoft Support

dalchina, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Elevated disk storage used on Windows 10, mostly on Applications & Carachteristics

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Elevated disk storage used on Windows 10, mostly on Applications & Carachteristics

1. Elevated disk storage used on Windows 10, mostly on Applications & Carachteristics - Similar Threads - Elevated disk storage

2. Disk Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Storage: I am trying to update an app but it will not work due to a lack of disk space. I have deleted at least 10 gb worth of data but it is not showing the the storage bar. I have done the maths and the storage breakdown does not equal the total so I am not sure why I don't have any...
  3. When using RunAs, elevated account is used by applications other than intended!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using RunAs, elevated account is used by applications other than intended!!: Hello,As IT administrator, I use RunAs throughout the day to run various tasks and applications which requires elevation.I have access to the Firewall logs, and I noticed that once I use RunAs to elevate any task or application, such as CMD, PowerShell, etc., any of the web...
  4. When using RunAs, elevated account is used by applications other than intended!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using RunAs, elevated account is used by applications other than intended!!: Hello,As IT administrator, I use RunAs throughout the day to run various tasks and applications which requires elevation.I have access to the Firewall logs, and I noticed that once I use RunAs to elevate any task or application, such as CMD, PowerShell, etc., any of the web...
  5. When using RunAs, elevated account is used by applications other than intended!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Storage Disk

Storage Disk: In treesize, i reduce by deleting the files to 43.2 gb but my storage disk in settings is 44.2 gb. Which is accurate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-disk/e8b75ad5-32ef-433a-a553-d281b5b3cbb6
  7. Access Disks that were previously used in Windows 10 Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access Disks that were previously used in Windows 10 Storage Pool: Hello Everyone, I am new to this and need your help in solving a nagging issue. Here we go: We created a Win 10 Storage Pool with 6 GB WD Blue on windows 10 version 19H2, now we have a new computer running Windows 10 20H2 and can't seem to access those six previously used...
  8. storage disks

storage disks: I have assigned several storage disks of a vmax emc team towards Hyper-V servers, but I want to know what the disks are or get information in windows to know the id of the disk that belongs to the storage, since I only observe the letter assigned in windows for example the...
  9. disk storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disk storage: This is a odd one for even a support geek like me. For some reason windows 10 is reporting my total storage as 983gb and that all 983 has been used up even though I deleted a bunch of stuff and uninstalled some programs. I might add i also have a 2TB drive but for some reason...
  10. Disk thrashing when using storage space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk thrashing when using storage space: I'm using a storage space for a two-way mirror of two 4Tb drives as D: drive. C: is a completely separate 128Gb SSD, and the page file and TEMP folder are on a second SSD. I set the storage space up initially under Windows 8.1 Pro x64, and it worked without any problem, but...