Windows 10: Elevated permissions

Discus and support Elevated permissions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having ongoing problems with updates or a re-install, so I was checking some options to figure out how to resolve. One advice tip was to go in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WandaHolmes1, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Elevated permissions

I am having ongoing problems with updates or a re-install, so I was checking some options to figure out how to resolve. One advice tip was to go in through Command Prompt and type in DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. When I tried this I got a message that it requires elevated permisions, but I have no clue how to provide whatever is required for this. I am the owner and sole user of this computer, so how do I provide elevated permissions to myself?

:)

WandaHolmes1, Sep 22, 2019

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 the requested operation requires elevation LibreOffice files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to give administrator permissions to the desired folder and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desired folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’
      to given permission to all the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.
    Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance in this regard.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Elevated permissions

You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

As you are unable to transfer some files from an external hard drive to the computer requesting for Administrator permissions, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to provide administrator permissions to the particular folder and check if it
    helps.

• Right click on the folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’ to given permission to all
      the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.

Do let us know if you are able to transfer files to PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Elevated permissions

1. Elevated permissions - Similar Threads - Elevated permissions

2. Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions: Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, Windows 11 Pro 22H2 is running everything with elevated permissions after logging in.I'm not sure if it was a registry or group policy change that could have caused this.Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions: Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, Windows 11 Pro 22H2 is running everything with elevated permissions after logging in.I'm not sure if it was a registry or group policy change that could have caused this.Any help would be appreciated....
  4. How to elevate command prompt with admin permissions using usb recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to elevate command prompt with admin permissions using usb recovery drive?: I’m using a USB recovery drive to repair a computer running windows 10 OS but it seems like the hard drive is having some issues. I tried reformatting the hard drive from the command prompt but it threw an error Diskpart has encountered an error: The parameter is incorrect....
  5. How to elevate command prompt with admin permissions using usb recovery drive?

How to elevate command prompt with admin permissions using usb recovery drive?: I’m using a USB recovery drive to repair a computer running windows 10 OS but it seems like the hard drive is having some issues. I tried reformatting the hard drive from the command prompt but it threw an error Diskpart has encountered an error: The parameter is incorrect....
  6. How to elevate command prompt with admin permissions using usb recovery drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Elevation permissions

Elevation permissions: Hi,I have windows 11I'm looking for some help. I have a writing program on my laptop which I use regularly. I went to access one of the files and it kept crashing which led me to troubleshoot the program.Somehow, don't ask me how the elevation permissions for this one program...
  8. Elevation permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elevation permissions: Hi,I have windows 11I'm looking for some help. I have a writing program on my laptop which I use regularly. I went to access one of the files and it kept crashing which led me to troubleshoot the program.Somehow, don't ask me how the elevation permissions for this one program...
  9. Error: 740 – Elevated Permissions are required to run DISM

in Windows 10 News
    Error: 740 – Elevated Permissions are required to run DISM: [IMG]When you run the DISM command on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may get the Error: 740 – Elevated Permissions are required to run DISM output. This post offers the most applicable fix to this error on your system. When this issue occurs, you will receive an...
  10. Windows Kiosk for Electron App with Admin Elevated Permission gives black screen

Windows Kiosk for Electron App with Admin Elevated Permission gives black screen: 0Need Help !!I have Electron Application that requires Admin permission. i have to launch that application in kiosk mode. I was able to create a provisionpackage.ppkg to launch electron app on Kiosk mode. I was able to apply it succesfully on win 10 Ent version. But when i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo ideapad/ user OOBE create elevated object