Windows 10: Eliminate day of week on task bar

Discus and support Eliminate day of week on task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'd like to reduce the task bar height but, Time, Day of Week, and Date take three lines. I'd like to remove Day thereby reducing the height to two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomTeresi, Oct 4, 2020.

1. TomTeresi Win User

Eliminate day of week on task bar

I'd like to reduce the task bar height but, Time, Day of Week, and Date take three lines. I'd like to remove Day thereby reducing the height to two lines.

This recently occurred. I think it was from a W10 update.

:)

TomTeresi, Oct 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 - how to eliminate bottom bar on computer?

Hi Benita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• When you say eliminate bottom bar what do you exactly mean?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are referring to task bar follow the steps to hide taskbar.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 4, 2020
  4. v_realo Win User

Task bar day of week

Hi Rick,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor, and a Windows user, just like you.

I understand you want the Day of the week to show on your Taskbar. Let's work on that.

You may follow these steps:

Method 1: Set Taskbar Clock to Show Day of Week Using Control Panel

1. Open the Control Panel in Large icons view, and click Region.

2. In the Region window, click the Additional settings button in the bottom right corner.

3. Switch to the Date tab, and then add the “ddd, ” string at the beginning of the Short date field. Click OK and you’re done!

You will now see the day of the week to display in the taskbar clock.

Method 2: Set Taskbar Clock to Show Day of Week Using Registry Editor

1. Click Start and type Registry Editor and then navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International

Double-click the sShortDate entry on the right side of the Registry Editor window.

2. In the Edit String window, Add the “ddd, ” string at the beginning of the Value data field and click OK.

3.Close Registry Editor and log off or restart Windows to take effect. The system tray clock will display the day of the week.

You may check the link below for screenshots to better understand:

https://www.top-password.com/blog/show-day-of-w...

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

v_realo, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Eliminate day of week on task bar - Similar Threads - Eliminate week task

2. Day of week in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Day of week in taskbar: Hi there.I wanted the day of the week to be shown in taskbar in Win10. it's working fine when the taskbar is located at the bottom but I located mine at the left side and only time is displated. Is there any way to fix it? Thx....
  3. Day of week in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Day of week in taskbar: Hi there.I wanted the day of the week to be shown in taskbar in Win10. it's working fine when the taskbar is located at the bottom but I located mine at the left side and only time is displated. Is there any way to fix it? Thx....
  4. Reduce or eliminate task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduce or eliminate task bar?: How can I reduce the task bar to increase monitor space to accommodate specific software? thanks ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-or-eliminate-task-bar/d3499fe8-1d0b-4f2f-b0bd-67349d2c2871
  5. Reduce or eliminate task bar?

Reduce or eliminate task bar?: How can I reduce the task bar to increase monitor space to accommodate specific software? thanks ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-or-eliminate-task-bar/d3499fe8-1d0b-4f2f-b0bd-67349d2c2871
  6. Reduce or eliminate task bar?

7. eliminate the agenda bar

in Windows 10 Support
    eliminate the agenda bar: I would like to eliminate the agenda bar that appears next to the windows 10 clock and that the blue introduccion button is back. [img] I 171922
  8. Displaying day of week on an narrow vertical task bar.

Displaying day of week on an narrow vertical task bar.: Rick Kelso's Reply on displaying the day of the week on the task bar didn't go quite far enough for what I wanted. With Rick's solution I had to hover over the time display to see the long date format which was set to display both the day and date. I'm retired and do not...
  9. HOW to ELIMINATE MALWARE ON WIN 10 CALENDAR IN TASK BAR

HOW to ELIMINATE MALWARE ON WIN 10 CALENDAR IN TASK BAR: TASK BAR SHOWS MALARE IN TIME & DATE LANGUAGE OF TASk BAR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-eliminate-malware-on-win-10-calendar-in/bc9ff064-79f3-4236-82f5-9a70681f1c6c
  10. Task bar day of week

Task bar day of week: in windows 10 how do I show the day of the week? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-day-of-week/2d999d07-61d3-4c90-aaf2-c6909b9b31be