Windows 10: Eliminate multiple vertical and horizon lines on display

Discus and support Eliminate multiple vertical and horizon lines on display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to eliminate multiple vertical and horizontal lines on the display screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pogo_254, Aug 8, 2019.

1. pogo_254 Win User

Eliminate multiple vertical and horizon lines on display

How to eliminate multiple vertical and horizontal lines on the display screen?

:)

pogo_254, Aug 8, 2019

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    vertical lines on display

Hi,

From your description, it is leaning towards a Graphics card or an LCD issue.

If you have the latest graphic driver, the next step to do is test the LCD in the System Setup (BIOS). It is best to visit your device manufacturer's website for more information on how to do this.

After testing the LCD in the System Setup (BIOS), we strongly recommend to run the laptop LCD Built-In Self Test (LCD BIST). Follow the steps below on how to run the LCD BIST:

• Turn the laptop off.
    • To start the Laptop LCD BIST. Press and hold the "D" key while pressing the power button.
    • The screen will display multiple flashing colors. Look for lines, distortion, or any other video issues you have observed.
    • The laptop will restart when the test is finished.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jose Est, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Eliminate multiple vertical and horizon lines on display

vertical lines on display

hy i have a problem with my laptop (dell e6510) .

I get white vertical lines on my display , so far i tried changing the display cable, updating graphics driver with latest from manufacturer .

alexandrutira, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Eliminate multiple vertical and horizon lines on display

1. Eliminate multiple vertical and horizon lines on display - Similar Threads - Eliminate multiple vertical

2. Laptop display has a series of vertical lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop display has a series of vertical lines: I have a Lenovo laptop which was upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. After the last update, I see a series of vertical lines on the display. I have updated the drivers for VGA again. But still they are not going away. How do I know if the drivers are bad or the hardware?. How to...
  3. Laptop display has a series of vertical lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop display has a series of vertical lines: I have a Lenovo laptop which was upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. After the last update, I see a series of vertical lines on the display. I have updated the drivers for VGA again. But still they are not going away. How do I know if the drivers are bad or the hardware?. How to...
  4. Vertical lines on screen

Vertical lines on screen: When my computer turns on, no line appears, but over time vertical lines appear... with the display port cable the lines appear up to half of the screen, with HDMI lines appear up to the top of the monitor, I already changed it the display port cable, updated drivers etc......
  5. Black vertical lines on display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black vertical lines on display: Recently I purchased a MSI Katana gf76 laptop. The display was fine till 2 days ago but yesterday when booted the laptop there was black vertical line on the screen. This problem occured once I connected to the internet. I have no idea what to do...
  6. Black vertical lines on display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black vertical lines on display: Recently I purchased a MSI Katana gf76 laptop. The display was fine till 2 days ago but yesterday when booted the laptop there was black vertical line on the screen. This problem occured once I connected to the internet. I have no idea what to do...
  7. Black vertical lines on display

8. Vertical lines on screen

Vertical lines on screen: For past few weeks I have been seeing vertical lines on my screen. It barely lasted for a second before the welcome screen opens up. Now I see similar lines while playing youtube videos just on youtube, other video apps are working fine. Today, however, few images were...
  9. laptop display vertical lines

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop display vertical lines: my dell laptop has some vertical lines on display. what is the cause,how can i clear it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-display-vertical-lines/dfb81d80-9f00-429f-ae09-cc694ba0d33f
  10. Asus laptop freezes with vertical lines on display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop freezes with vertical lines on display: My laptop randomly freezes/crashes while using. Sometimes lines appear and sometimes it just freezes. I've to keep the power button pressed and then restart. Can someone suggest the reason and provide the solution. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvMG7_KshN2Yghv8lOOlK5sF56DQ?e=bPToxe...