Windows 10: Eliminate Sign-On Password

Discus and support Eliminate Sign-On Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am the only person to use my Windows 10 desktop. I would like to eliminate the password request that comes up every time I restart. Thanks, cb... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by abredt, Feb 23, 2017.

1. abredt Win User

Eliminate Sign-On Password

I am the only person to use my Windows 10 desktop.

I would like to eliminate the password request that comes up every time I restart.

Thanks, cb

:)

abredt, Feb 23, 2017
  2. TomYingst Win User

How can I eliminate having to sign-in with a password in Windows 10.0?

How can I eliminate having to sign-in with a password in Windows 10.0?

TomYingst, Feb 23, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Eliminate passwords

The fact is, every time a computer connects to the internet it leaves the private home. Attackers today are as effective from thousands of miles away as if they were sitting right next to us. And since our OP is against passwords, their only user account
    must have Administrator permissions. As soon as that computer is hacked, not only does the attacker have unfettered access to the system, they can also use the computer to attack other systems. And all this will happen without the OP's knowledge.

Of course, password protection is no guarantee against attack. But it's one of the many layers that goes into hardening a computer against attack. And that's the idea ... put up as many roadblocks as you can in the hope of persuading an attacker to go away.

I personally would not counsel someone to remove password protection from their computer just as I would not counsel them to remove it from their network or their router or to prevent updates or to disable their malware protection. If it was only their own
    computer being put at risk, then as they say in America: "It's a free country." But it's not only the OP's computer that's at risk; it's every computer that the OP's computer can harm. That could include websites that I might need for my livelihood or that
    might infect my mother's computer.

BulldogXX, Feb 23, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 23, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Or if security isn't a big concern and you use a local account, just set a blank password. Windows will automatically sign in the last account that logged in if it doesn't have a password. You only get the password prompt if there's actually a password to type.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Eliminate Sign-On Password

1. Eliminate Sign-On Password - Similar Threads - Eliminate Sign Password

2. Eliminating the sign in under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminating the sign in under Windows 10: This is my second try for an answer to this question. The first time, I thought one of the answers worked, so I said the problem was solved. I want to eliminate the sign in on a computer that I only use without internet, at home. I know it is possible, as I have another...
  3. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  4. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  5. eliminate password in ver. 2004

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    eliminate password in ver. 2004: NETPLWIZ.EXE doesn't work in ver. 2004 to eliminate password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eliminate-password-in-ver-2004/afd6bc95-ec0a-4586-a7af-31026c29807d
  6. Hello Sign-in, Eliminate it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hello Sign-in, Eliminate it: How to eliminate hello sign in for our family computer windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-sign-in-eliminate-it/4c3baa70-2a63-4035-935a-b250fff7f451
  7. Eliminating use of password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Eliminating use of password: Can I get rid of having to use a password to sign in to Windows 10? 52012
  8. Password Elimination

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password Elimination: Operating a wired Ethernet LAN that connects this Windows-10 computer with other Windows-8.1, Windows-7 and Linux computers, I am constantly frustrated by demands for user IDs and passwords when attempting to access one machine from another. Such security on a local wired...
  9. Eliminate use of password

in Windows 10 Support
    Eliminate use of password: I've got Win installed with one minor problem. I don't like to use the password when I start Windows. So I did what is generally done. I got the Run box and typed in netplwiz which has always worked or me. Now it works when it makes up its mind to. Sometimes it't fine while...
  10. Microsoft: It's time to eliminate the password

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: It's time to eliminate the password: Quick: Change your password again. Make sure it has a combination of capital letters, numbers and special characters. Wait, no. Instead, come up with a long random phrase that you should be able to remember. Wait, no. Stop. Stop the madness! It’s time to kill the password....