Windows 10: eliminate the need of a password when my laptop starts

Discus and support eliminate the need of a password when my laptop starts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out how to eliminate the need of a password when starting up my laptop. I have found many answers in the forum on how to do this... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CindyManchik, May 18, 2020.

1. eliminate the need of a password when my laptop starts

I am trying to figure out how to eliminate the need of a password when starting up my laptop. I have found many answers in the forum on how to do this and have tried everything. I have unclicked the "require sign-in" to never under accounts/sign in options. I have typed in "netplwix" and unchecked the box in the User Accounts that reads "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". I even created a local account but then all of my settings for the desktop is different than when I use my admin account. I just want to start my laptop and go right to my desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

CindyManchik, May 18, 2020
  2. Bruce SX Win User

Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

She has changed the Google password.

Do we change her Microsoft password using her pc using the following steps?

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

Bruce SX, May 18, 2020
  3. New computer set up - resetting welcome name and eliminating password

I bought a new laptop last week.

Dell Inspiron 15"

I was setting it up and when the computer starts up , it has your name....hello Raymond

Mine says Raymond G......first letter of my last name.
    I recall signing up for a lot of things when you have a new laptop and I always use the first letter of my last name for the .....lat name box. It is a modest attempt to maintain privacy on the net

I want to eliminate the G

I tried to reset the username and followed instructions going to settings........accounts and I tried everything under the sun to eliminate the G and followed instructions I found online.

I tried to change the username from Raymond G to Raymond........now I have 2 user accounts with Raymond G

The second account I cannot even use because it is protected with a password I never set up and does not work with any other password I use.

The original user name Raymond G required a password.

I eliminated the password so I could double click through it and it worked prior to me trying to eliminate the G and getting a second account. Now the password returned..........grrrrrr.

I eliminated it the first time by logging into netplwiz.........user accounts and users.
    Behind my name and email address it says administrators and users.

I don't recall the USERS behind the administrators the first time.

The box that needs to be checked to require a password is not checked.

So, it seems no password would be required.

But now I have to enter a password for the original username and the second one is not accessible.

If I check user names the only one listed is Raymond G even though two Raymond G's appear in the lower left corner when I log on.

I found another place to change the name under Task Manager........I think.......
    And it had the computer name listed as .......something like ......DZ123d456......something random provided by Dell.
    So I tried to change it and as an experiment I tried ABC123.......it did not work.
    But if I log into Dell Assist, which is an owner support forum, it says ABC123 on the link. But not on the computer.

--------------

How do I eliminate the second username?
    How do I rename the original username to eliminate the G?

Thanks

RaymondWindoz10, May 18, 2020
  4. Bruce SX Win User

eliminate the need of a password when my laptop starts

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

To tell the truth, I must profess ignorance

When all this started I went through the following steps:.
    1) Turn on the laptop picture of a fjord appears.
    2) A left click on the screen causes the user name to appears with the password box under it.
    3) Anything(or nothing) typed into the password box, with a tap to the enter key then brings the command to try again.

See, I can't seem to get anywhere except I somehow(during my efforts to try variations of the password hint) ended up getting a screen that was related(I think) to BIOS.
    That allowed me to go through some settings(administrative?) and choose a password. I chose to do that.
    Aha I thought.
    All that did was give me a log in command box(for which I created a password) .
    So now, instead of the 3 steps above I have to log in to get to the 3 steps above. A step I didn't have to do before.

What I'm trying to say is this(after all my fumbling about): that I still do not know the difference between a local user account or an MS account-linked user account.

All i know, at this point, is that I am stuck at step 3 and really am not sure what to do except maybe have my fiend reach out to ASUS.

I made a mistake in my first post. I do not have the OS disc. I have the ASUS DVD suite. I mistakenly assumed it was an OS disc. I talked to my friend and was told that her laptop came preloaded with Win10.

DVD suite listings
    -Power 2go8
    -E-Green
    -ASUS Firmware Update
    -Quick Install Guide

Thanks for your reply sir. I do appreciate it.

Regards,
    Bruce

Bruce SX, May 18, 2020
Thema:

eliminate the need of a password when my laptop starts

1. eliminate the need of a password when my laptop starts - Similar Threads - eliminate need password

2. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  3. How to eliminate entering my password when I open my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to eliminate entering my password when I open my PC: Evert time I boot up my laptop, itasks me for my password. How can I eliminate this demand? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-eliminate-entering-my-password-when-i-open/c366a060-f275-48c9-b5dc-e80e87aa02cb
  4. eliminate password in ver. 2004

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    eliminate password in ver. 2004: NETPLWIZ.EXE doesn't work in ver. 2004 to eliminate password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eliminate-password-in-ver-2004/afd6bc95-ec0a-4586-a7af-31026c29807d
  5. How can I eliminate the need to sign in with a password everytime i start windows10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I eliminate the need to sign in with a password everytime i start windows10?: How can I eliminate the need to sign in with a password everytime i start windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-eliminate-the-need-to-sign-in-with-a/4f505b7c-78e1-41b1-bde7-bedd967703e4
  6. Eliminate Sign-On Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Eliminate Sign-On Password: I am the only person to use my Windows 10 desktop. I would like to eliminate the password request that comes up every time I restart. Thanks, cb 78001
  7. Eliminating use of password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Eliminating use of password: Can I get rid of having to use a password to sign in to Windows 10? 52012
  8. Password Elimination

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password Elimination: Operating a wired Ethernet LAN that connects this Windows-10 computer with other Windows-8.1, Windows-7 and Linux computers, I am constantly frustrated by demands for user IDs and passwords when attempting to access one machine from another. Such security on a local wired...
  9. Eliminate use of password

in Windows 10 Support
    Eliminate use of password: I've got Win installed with one minor problem. I don't like to use the password when I start Windows. So I did what is generally done. I got the Run box and typed in netplwiz which has always worked or me. Now it works when it makes up its mind to. Sometimes it't fine while...
  10. Microsoft: It's time to eliminate the password

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: It's time to eliminate the password: Quick: Change your password again. Make sure it has a combination of capital letters, numbers and special characters. Wait, no. Instead, come up with a long random phrase that you should be able to remember. Wait, no. Stop. Stop the madness! It’s time to kill the password....