Windows 10: Eliminating second OS from dual boot

Discus and support Eliminating second OS from dual boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Win 10 as the second of a dual boot with Vista. Each is on it's own hard drive. If I remove the Vista drive then win 10 won't boot as it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mmcl26554, Nov 26, 2015.

1. mmcl26554 Win User

Eliminating second OS from dual boot

I have Win 10 as the second of a dual boot with Vista. Each is on it's own hard drive. If I remove the Vista drive then win 10 won't boot as it is looking for winload.exe. Is there a way I can give it access to the winload.exe it is looking forand then uninstall Vista? If this cannot be done it isn't a big problem weaving Vista active, I just don't need it anymore.
    Michael

:)

mmcl26554, Nov 26, 2015

2. Dual Boot Elimination

Hi James,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10 and extremely sorry for the delay in response.

Please be informed that you can upgrade to the Windows 10 from the genuine Windows 7/8.1. If you have the genuine Windows 7 installed on your 1st partition, you may upgrade to the
    Windows 10 pro using the media creation tool. As you have already upgraded to the Windows 10 pro from the Windows 10 Technical Preview on the 2nd partition, you may continue to use that if you wish.

If you want to continue to dual boot, please avoid the below step.

Kindly follow the below steps to eliminate dual boot options.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type
      msconfig in the text box and hit enter.

• Click on the boot tab on the msconfig menu.

• First, select the Operating System which you want to set as default by click on
      Set as default button.

• Then select the Operating System which you want to eliminate from the dual boot and click on
      Delete button.

• Click on Apply and close the msconfig windows.

• Reboot the computer and check.

If you delete the Windows 7 Pro partition, you might not be able to boot to the Windows 7 again on your computer after performing above steps. (Vice versa for the other partition)

Refer the below article for downloading Windows 10 through media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    Windows 10 herunterladen

Reference:

I suggest you to refer to the below article for more information on Windows 10.

Windows 10 FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Dual Boot Elimination

Hi,

I have a dual boot setup at this time, Partition #1 WIN 7 PRO, Partition #2 WIN 10 PRO "Activated" this was my TP beta partition, it was upgraded by MS. Is this WIN 10 PRO the same OS that I am being offered on partition #1 to replace WIN 7 PRO?

Now that the TP has ended I would like to do a WIN 10 PRO clean install and remove one of the Partitions to eliminate the Dual boot system. Should I do the upgrade to WIN 7 PRO then delete Partition #2 with the already activated WIN 10 PRO or could this
    be a problem in the making ?

Thank You for the Help...Jim

James Horvath, Nov 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Eliminating second OS from dual boot - Similar Threads - Eliminating second dual

2. Dual Booting with Different OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Booting with Different OS: Hi, I have got a workstation with preinstalled windows 11. I want to work on some softwares which run on Linux. Would it be possible for me to install Linux in the same workstation without loosing the windows 11 ? With dual booting is there a chance of loosing licensing an...
  3. Dual Booting with Different OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Booting with Different OS: Hi, I have got a workstation with preinstalled windows 11. I want to work on some softwares which run on Linux. Would it be possible for me to install Linux in the same workstation without loosing the windows 11 ? With dual booting is there a chance of loosing licensing an...
  4. Dual-Boots OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Boots OS: Hello, I am a Gamer Who is Having a Very Old PC bought at 2012 I am Using Windows 10, My PC Has 2GB RAM, and 2.8GHz Intel Pentium Processor. Windows 10 uses huge amount of ram, especially Windows Security Uses it. Normally, The Windows 10 Uses Half Of My RAM 47~60%...
  5. Dual boot Phoenix OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot Phoenix OS: Hi ! I have a HP 15 da0002tu notebook preinstalled Windows 10 . I need to dual boot windows and phoenix os. So I installed phoenix os to my harddrive from the exe installer. It installed successfully but when I turn on my laptop it keeps boot directly to windows 10 without...
  6. Windows 10, dual boot second os stuck on automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, dual boot second os stuck on automatic repair.: Hey, i'm currently running windows 10 dual boot, one of the windows versions is for my insider one. Can boot into one of both OS, not the insider version, but when i try to boot up in the second one. Im stuck on preparing to automatic repair or something like that. It...
  7. Dual booting OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual booting OS: Hi, I would like to install dual booting windows 10, both OS in same hard disc. I would like to confirm that no issue to have partition C and D in both OS and no access from each other? Thanks, Ratna...
  8. Dual boot encryption at OS selection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dual boot encryption at OS selection: I have two ssd's both with Windows 10. I have it set to boot to OS selection. I want to encrypt both ssd's separately so that when I choose one OS or the other that is when I have to enter the password. So far I have use bitlocker to encrypt one drive but it requires me to...
  9. Install older OS as dual boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install older OS as dual boot?: I read on the MS help website that you cannot install older versions of windows as dualboot, however I am having issues playing the same games that I played on win8.1. Microsoft promised that Win10 would improve games, but some of the games I'm playing were rendered...
  10. Rebuild and eliminate dual boot at same time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebuild and eliminate dual boot at same time: I have a computer that is a few years old and in need of a rebuild, by which I mean reformat the disk and reinstall everything. The issue is that this computer is currently a dual boot arrangement with Windows 7 first then Windows 10, Creators Upgrade. I want the end...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10410 boot elimination boot offline