Windows 10: eliminating signin, using netplwitz box unchecking does not work and only creates a ghost...

Discus and support eliminating signin, using netplwitz box unchecking does not work and only creates a ghost... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Like many safe-enviroment people, I do NOT want ANY sign-in or logon screen. I desire simply to open my laptop and soon see the desktop. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dave P Designer, Jun 19, 2021.

1. eliminating signin, using netplwitz box unchecking does not work and only creates a ghost...

Like many safe-enviroment people, I do NOT want ANY sign-in or logon screen. I desire simply to open my laptop and soon see the desktop. I can't believe windows, now umpteen years in development, doesn't practice 'universal design' accomodating all users, scenarios, etc. with user-friendly methods. Why isn't this option simply located in accounts near the fingerprint storage?OK, so ...netplwitz... uncheck box require sign-in...But IT DOESN'T FUNCTION. All that happens is a duplicated 'ghost' user is added to the sign-in screen. &n

:)

Dave P Designer, Jun 19, 2021

2. windows 10 -- eliminate blue ghost shadows to the right of icons and words

In windows 10 a blue ghost shadow appears to the right of all icons and words. How does one eliminate this. I've tried the path of going to advanced settings and unchecked the visual referring to the shadows and this does not work.

robertrauen, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 19, 2021
  4. eliminating signin, using netplwitz box unchecking does not work and only creates a ghost...

Properties>Security>Group or User Names panel - How do I enter a name in it?

Thank for providing us the information. We've already tried multiple troubleshooting steps and the same issue still persists. In this case, let's try to troubleshoot your issue by eliminating ghost login, follow the steps below:

• First, open netplwiz, then uncheck the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Then, on the pop-up window, click Cancel.
    • Make sure the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer should be checked again.
    • Lastly, click OK.

These will help us to eliminate ghost login.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

eliminating signin, using netplwitz box unchecking does not work and only creates a ghost...

1. eliminating signin, using netplwitz box unchecking does not work and only creates a ghost... - Similar Threads - eliminating signin using

2. The "close box bracket" does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The "close box bracket" does not work.: Hello,I am having some issues with my close bracket button, I do not know what the cause of this issue is, however, it is not an issue related with my specific keyboard because I have tried other keyboards as well, and it still does not work. Also, I can use the SHIFT + } to...
  3. Accidentally applied unchecked 'read only' on user folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally applied unchecked 'read only' on user folder: Hi All, I wasn't keen on the truncated name given to my user folder by windows so was looking into renaming it which resulted in me accidentally applying an unchecked 'read only' to the folder. Windows then started altering a load of file permissions which I realised was...
  4. windows start box does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows start box does not work: help, please - my windows start box will not allow me to shut down nor pull up the programs, settings menu on my dell pc thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-box-does-not-work/7c8e18f6-7c95-471a-9797-d0bd417f3112
  5. I cannot uncheck read-only in a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot uncheck read-only in a folder.: Hello, I need to uncheck the read-only attribute of a specific folder. At the first glance, it works when I hit apply. The problem is, when I close the properties and check it again, the read-only attribute is checked again. It keeps reverting. I have already done lots of...
  6. how does this become unchecked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how does this become unchecked?: [ATTACH] I have always had a network icon. Now I don't. And now is see this. How did this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-this-become-unchecked/c746d95d-8a27-4184-850e-254513e9391c
  7. signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signin: tried to login but wouldn't accept password, got code for for p/w but says can't use p/w I want because it's an old p/w. l've only ever used 1 p/w, so why can't l signin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signin/e4cdc405-8c86-48a2-99a8-42c3ea955bd6
  8. 'signin with local account' not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    'signin with local account' not working: windows 10 pro version 1803. intel core2 quad. 8Gb ram. accounts-your accounts-signin with local account - not working. accounts-signin options - not working accounts-family&others-others-add - not working. I had upgraded from win7 pro. Been running logging in via Microsoft...
  9. Eliminating use of password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Eliminating use of password: Can I get rid of having to use a password to sign in to Windows 10? 52012
  10. Eliminate use of password

in Windows 10 Support
    Eliminate use of password: I've got Win installed with one minor problem. I don't like to use the password when I start Windows. So I did what is generally done. I got the Run box and typed in netplwiz which has always worked or me. Now it works when it makes up its mind to. Sometimes it't fine while...