Windows 10: Elite Series 2 being detected as Keyboard all of a sudden?

Discus and support Elite Series 2 being detected as Keyboard all of a sudden? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Elite Series 2 controller being detected as a Keyboard on Windows 10 when wired all of a sudden. It just started happening, my Elite Series 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xVOORHEES 13, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Elite Series 2 being detected as Keyboard all of a sudden?

Elite Series 2 controller being detected as a Keyboard on Windows 10 when wired all of a sudden.

It just started happening, my Elite Series 2 controller is being detected suddenly as a Keyboard the device name is Controller but the icon is of a Keyboard and is in the Mouse, keyboard, and pen section in Bluetooth and other devices. I’ve tested every other controller I own, even an Xbox Series X controller, and none of them are being detected as a Keyboard like my Elite Series 2 is. It used to have the icon of a gamepad and was in the Other devices section, but now the icon is of a Keyboard and is located in the Mouse, keyboard, and pen section. I can’t tell if a windows update did it or not, because it just started happening. I’ve tried to remove the device, remove the drivers for it, and it’s STILL showing up as a Keyboard with keyboard drivers too, somehow??

:)

xVOORHEES 13, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Yvainwa Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Controller not detected in Bluetooth on Windows 10 PC

I just got my new Elite Series 2 controller and I can't connect with bluetooth to my PC. I followed all the steps and the device is not detected. It does not appear on any of the screens for me to connect to.

I have windows 10 and several other bluetooth devices that are currently active.

Yvainwa, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Xbox Elite series 2 on PC

Hello, My Xbox elite controller series 2 right thumbstick just stops working + when playing Destiny 2 in menu it changes from controller to mouse back a fourth.

MightyMinds72, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Elite Series 2 being detected as Keyboard all of a sudden?

Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Elite Series 2 being detected as Keyboard all of a sudden?

1. Elite Series 2 being detected as Keyboard all of a sudden? - Similar Threads - Elite Series being

2. Elite Series 2 Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elite Series 2 Controller: I have and Elite series 2 and just built a PC with windows 11. I am having trouble connecting the controller WIRED i dont want it to be wireless. The controller just goes through a power cycle as soon as i connect it. Sometimes the computer sees the controller but it acts as...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elite Series 2 Controller: I have and Elite series 2 and just built a PC with windows 11. I am having trouble connecting the controller WIRED i dont want it to be wireless. The controller just goes through a power cycle as soon as i connect it. Sometimes the computer sees the controller but it acts as...
  4. Elite series 2 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elite series 2 controller: Hey folks! i recently got my elite series 2 and it works fine but. on windows it shows up as an xbox one controllerand in steam it shows up as that aswell.I'm quite confused as to why.windows 10: latest versionlatest firmware for elite series 2...
  5. Elite series 2 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elite series 2 controller: Hey folks! i recently got my elite series 2 and it works fine but. on windows it shows up as an xbox one controllerand in steam it shows up as that aswell.I'm quite confused as to why.windows 10: latest versionlatest firmware for elite series 2...
  6. Elite series 2 controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox one elite series 2

Xbox one elite series 2: I have two Xbox one elite series 2 controllers one of them for a second or two cuts out my audio on my PC while gaming at first I thought it was in the game Assassins Creed Valhalla but I tried it on several other games and it did the same thing the other controller works...
  8. Elite Series 2 controller being detected as a Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Elite Series 2 controller being detected as a Keyboard: This is infuriating me. It just started happening, my Elite Series 2 controller is being detected suddenly as a Keyboard in Bluetooth and other devices. submitted by /u/Voorhees_13 [link] [comments]...
  9. Elite Series 2 Bluetooth issues

Elite Series 2 Bluetooth issues: I recently got my elite series 2 and I'm loving it but every time I turn it on, I go to connect and it doesn't show my controller is able to connect. I have to unpair it and reconnect it to Bluetooth. My airpods show up every time and but my controller hasn't shown up once....
  10. Xbox elite series 2 problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox elite series 2 problem: I am trying to get my elite series 2 controller to work with pc games. The problem I am having is windows 10 is designating the xbox elite controller as "Bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device" which seems to be causing a problem in game with the mappings. I have used a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elite controller recognised as mouse and keyboard

2. Windows 10 wired elite controller only works when in other devicesand pen keyboard