Windows 10: Elitebook 840 crashing during sleep since win 2004

Discus and support Elitebook 840 crashing during sleep since win 2004 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Started after 2004 update. Crashing frequently during sleep. CPU working with heat and fan blowing. Have updated everything I could see incl BIOS so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by linw, Aug 2, 2020.

1. linw Win User

Elitebook 840 crashing during sleep since win 2004

Started after 2004 update. Crashing frequently during sleep. CPU working with heat and fan blowing.

Have updated everything I could see incl BIOS so stuck now.

Thanks if someone can see something in uploaded data.

:)

linw, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Eric F Win User

How to disable trackpad for HP Elitebook 840 G5

As the question states, I am simply trying to disable my touchpad on my HP laptop. So I think this is very specific for the HP Elitebook 840 G5 as I have tried the following generic methods to disable the trackpad:

1. Under mouse settings, using the Synaptics tab. This tab does not exist for me. (Reference https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03882926)
    2. Disabling the Synaptics driver. I thought this would work for sure too but I tried to disable all of the mouse drivers available under Mice and other pointing devices (Device Manager) and the trackpad still works.
    3. Using third party software. I tried "touchpad-blocker" and even when enabled, the touchpad still works.
    4. Double tapping the top left corner (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...ad-on-an-hp-elitebook-850-laptop/td-p/5480918) This does nothing for mine.

I am open for other suggestions. I am really surprised that disabling the driver didn't work.

Eric F, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Martin KS Win User
    Elitebook 840 with new ssd will only boot on mains power

Having replaced the OEM hard drive on a number of elitebook 840s with origin inception 120 & 240 gb ssds they will now only boot when connected to mains power.
    When on mains power we don’t experience any issue, but when the laptop is running on battery power, we receive an error message stating that, “No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown”. We have experienced this issue on many machines and we have also tried installing new batteries into the devices, but the problem persists.

It doesn't seem to matter which os is on the disks either. Is there some kind of bios power management settings that's not getting enough juice to the ssd from battery? Surely ssds use less power than spinning disks - but is it so little that the bios thinks there's nothing there?

Any troubleshooting steps or suggestions welcome!

Martin KS, Aug 2, 2020
  4. CM62 Win User

How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840

I have installed the Hungarian language pack but cannot figure out how to type the "í" character (ALT+0237) on my laptop's keyboard. I am using an HP EliteBook 840 G6. Alt-i gets me "Í", not the lower-case version of the
    letter.

Thanks for any help!

CM62, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Elitebook 840 crashing during sleep since win 2004 - Similar Threads - Elitebook 840 crashing

2. No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004: I updated my PC to Version 2004 and since then, even though I have a screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes, nothing happens. I tried sleep yesterday as an option. It worked once, but never again. I looked at the update and can see no uninstall of it. Is there a...
  3. Since 2004, explorer crashes on alt-tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since 2004, explorer crashes on alt-tab: Hi, I have a problem now since updating to May 2004 Update, which is that the explorer frequently crashes when alt-tabbing between processes. I had this problem one or two years ago already and essentially fixed it by checking the option to run each window in its own process...
  4. Windows freezing since 2004 update during gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezing since 2004 update during gaming: Hi guys! I made a mistake by updating my computer to the latest windows version. Unfortunately there must be some drivers conflicting or something forcing my PC to freeze whilst playing videogames. This literally only happens whilst playing games. I've tried; DDU...
  5. Constant PC crashes Win 10, mainly during sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant PC crashes Win 10, mainly during sleep mode: Please Help When I try to open my PC from sleep mode it has to reboot from scratch rather than just wake up. It has stopped due to Kernel Power fault. This is a screen shot of a typical crash event log. I have changed my RAM, graphics card, hard drive and PSU and still...
  6. My HP EliteBook 840 G5 Camera just stopped working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP EliteBook 840 G5 Camera just stopped working...: My camera has stopped working all of a sudden, I'm getting the following error message: [ATTACH] I have checked the Device Manager and the camera is not showing up anywhere. What is the next step?...
  7. PC Crashed during Win update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Crashed during Win update: My PC is now stuck when opening up or closing down, I can get to the safe mode and the Troubleshoot page after 3 failed attempts to boot. nothing works , I tried : Uninstall updates it says there is one pending and cant do it reset pc goes through the motions 20%-100%...
  8. How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840: I have installed the Hungarian language pack but cannot figure out how to type the "í" character ALT+0237 on my laptop's keyboard. I am using an HP EliteBook 840 G6. Alt-i gets me "Í", not the lower-case version of the letter. Thanks for any help!...
  9. Windows 10: Automatic Repair after reboots, but not shutdowns? (HP EliteBook 840 G1)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: Automatic Repair after reboots, but not shutdowns? (HP EliteBook 840 G1): I have a bit of an odd situation. I am working on an HP EliteBook 840 G1 that will be sold to a friend of mine. I have reinstalled Windows 10 fresh and made sure to include all of the drivers either from HP Support Assist or HP's website directly. It has the latest 1909...
  10. Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers: I purchased two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers from Walmart. The first came from Joy Systems; the second from Arrow. New HP's come with a "factory restore Image" in a separate partition on the hard drive and a program, which will run only once, that allows the...