Windows 10: Elitebook 840 crashing during sleep since win 2004

Discus and support Elitebook 840 crashing during sleep since win 2004 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Started after 2004 update. Crashing frequently during sleep. CPU working with heat and fan blowing. Have updated everything I could see incl BIOS so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by linw, Aug 2, 2020.

1. linw Win User

Elitebook 840 crashing during sleep since win 2004

Started after 2004 update. Crashing frequently during sleep. CPU working with heat and fan blowing.

Have updated everything I could see incl BIOS so stuck now.

Thanks if someone can see something in uploaded data.

:)

linw, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Eric F Win User

How to disable trackpad for HP Elitebook 840 G5

As the question states, I am simply trying to disable my touchpad on my HP laptop. So I think this is very specific for the HP Elitebook 840 G5 as I have tried the following generic methods to disable the trackpad:

1. Under mouse settings, using the Synaptics tab. This tab does not exist for me. (Reference https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03882926)
    2. Disabling the Synaptics driver. I thought this would work for sure too but I tried to disable all of the mouse drivers available under Mice and other pointing devices (Device Manager) and the trackpad still works.
    3. Using third party software. I tried "touchpad-blocker" and even when enabled, the touchpad still works.
    4. Double tapping the top left corner (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...ad-on-an-hp-elitebook-850-laptop/td-p/5480918) This does nothing for mine.

I am open for other suggestions. I am really surprised that disabling the driver didn't work.

Eric F, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Martin KS Win User
    Elitebook 840 with new ssd will only boot on mains power

Having replaced the OEM hard drive on a number of elitebook 840s with origin inception 120 & 240 gb ssds they will now only boot when connected to mains power.
    When on mains power we don’t experience any issue, but when the laptop is running on battery power, we receive an error message stating that, “No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown”. We have experienced this issue on many machines and we have also tried installing new batteries into the devices, but the problem persists.

It doesn't seem to matter which os is on the disks either. Is there some kind of bios power management settings that's not getting enough juice to the ssd from battery? Surely ssds use less power than spinning disks - but is it so little that the bios thinks there's nothing there?

Any troubleshooting steps or suggestions welcome!

Martin KS, Aug 2, 2020
  4. CM62 Win User

How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840

I have installed the Hungarian language pack but cannot figure out how to type the "í" character (ALT+0237) on my laptop's keyboard. I am using an HP EliteBook 840 G6. Alt-i gets me "Í", not the lower-case version of the
    letter.

Thanks for any help!

CM62, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Elitebook 840 crashing during sleep since win 2004 - Similar Threads - Elitebook 840 crashing

2. my laptop is elitebook 840 g3 notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is elitebook 840 g3 notebook: my hp EliteBook 840 g3 notebook didn't operate cellular network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-elitebook-840-g3-notebook/cb4ad2f8-e165-46b5-8d94-873cadf43656
  3. my laptop is elitebook 840 g3 notebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop is elitebook 840 g3 notebook: my hp EliteBook 840 g3 notebook didn't operate cellular network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-elitebook-840-g3-notebook/cb4ad2f8-e165-46b5-8d94-873cadf43656
  4. my laptop is elitebook 840 g3 notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am in the process of reintall a Windows 10 a laptop that I got form the previous company of my wife.Thanks to the community I manage to access the BIOS menu.Then I looked at the process of creating a bootable flash drive.I understood that I had to...
  6. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am in the process of reintall a Windows 10 a laptop that I got form the previous company of my wife.Thanks to the community I manage to access the BIOS menu.Then I looked at the process of creating a bootable flash drive.I understood that I had to...
  7. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Touchpad Gestures are not Working Elitebook 840

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Gestures are not Working Elitebook 840: I just got this laptop factory refurbished and although most of the laptop is working great, most of my touchpad gestures are not working. I can tap to click but can't scroll, switch windows, etc....
  9. BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hey all, I have been getting the BSOD regularly on my HP. I have updated Windows, updated HP drivers and the BIOS. I'm at a loss. My computer details are: HP Elitebook 840 G7 IntelR CoreTM i7-10610U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz RAM: 16.0 GB OS info: Windows 10 20H2...
  10. How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840: I have installed the Hungarian language pack but cannot figure out how to type the "í" character ALT+0237 on my laptop's keyboard. I am using an HP EliteBook 840 G6. Alt-i gets me "Í", not the lower-case version of the letter. Thanks for any help!...