Windows 10: Elitebook 840 g2 having multiple BSODs’ consecutively

Discus and support Elitebook 840 g2 having multiple BSODs’ consecutively in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop recently started being frustrating. Firstly when I try turning it on, the keyboard light just flashes like it doesn’t start up fully.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MalvinD, Aug 18, 2021.

1. MalvinD Win User

Elitebook 840 g2 having multiple BSODs’ consecutively

Hello, my laptop recently started being frustrating. Firstly when I try turning it on, the keyboard light just flashes like it doesn’t start up fully. The light keeps flashing until I hold down the power button to turn it off. I told someone about it, he advised I remove one of the RAMs and try starting it again. It worked I put the RAM back after it turned on. The next thing is it starts showing me “the system has detected that a cooling fan isn’t not operating correctly “. I had this error like 3 times. 2-3 weeks later I’m now having multiple BSODs. My laptop won’t even start up. I’ve tri

:)

MalvinD, Aug 18, 2021
  2. MAXPOPWER Win User

HP ELITEBOOK 840 G2 hp drive encryption tpm authentification failed.(0xa)

HP ELITEBOOK 840 G2 hp drive encryption tpm authentification failed.(0xa)

I cant login, can access bios, restoring security settings doesnt help. i also have winmagic data security on my screen and have never seen this before. pls help

MAXPOPWER, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Alan515 Win User
    Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers

I purchased two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers from Walmart. The first came from Joy Systems; the second from Arrow. New HP's come with a "factory restore Image" in a separate partition on the hard drive and a program, which will run only
    once, that allows the owner to create one copy of a "factory restore image." These MAR HP refurbished computers came with neither. What Joy Systems advertises as "restore media" is only a series of procedures that will restore Windows 10 to all of the default
    settings.

I believe Microsoft has a link, which will allow you to download the "update version" of Windows 10 for those who updated from Windows 7 & 8.1, but I believe that does not include the HP drivers for the hardware. Getting the correct drivers is very difficult,
    and very time consuming if you know how, which I do not.

This will not help should the computer become infected with serious Malware, where I have always been able to run a "out of the box - factory restore," then reupdate the computer, reinstall any added programs, and that totally corrects any problems.

I have been told that the 1809 version of Windows 10 has built into it a procedure to create an "out of the box - factory restore" media on a flash drive, exactly like the "run only once" program on a new HP computer would create.

If it is possible to create an "out of the box - factory restore" media on these two computers, would someone tell me how to do it, or where on Microsoft's website the instructions are for doing it?

HP EliteBook 840 G2's have no disk drives in them.

I would do it on the Arrow refurbished computer first because this computer has no added Programs or HP driver updates added to it. Will the restore media created on this computer (if it is possible) also work on the other HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computer, or
    should I create a second restore thumb drive for this computer too?

If I create one on the first computer, which has programs added, should I delete them before starting?

Very little is in the small amount of literature that came with these computers, and the HP online manuals are for new computers.

Thank you for your help.

Alan515, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Martin KS Win User

Elitebook 840 with new ssd will only boot on mains power

Having replaced the OEM hard drive on a number of elitebook 840s with origin inception 120 & 240 gb ssds they will now only boot when connected to mains power.
    When on mains power we don’t experience any issue, but when the laptop is running on battery power, we receive an error message stating that, “No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown”. We have experienced this issue on many machines and we have also tried installing new batteries into the devices, but the problem persists.

It doesn't seem to matter which os is on the disks either. Is there some kind of bios power management settings that's not getting enough juice to the ssd from battery? Surely ssds use less power than spinning disks - but is it so little that the bios thinks there's nothing there?

Any troubleshooting steps or suggestions welcome!

Martin KS, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Elitebook 840 g2 having multiple BSODs’ consecutively - Similar Threads - Elitebook 840 having

2. BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC: I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error.Here is the minidump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AkVAEcxAYhPvjBA7xpyubjNG8dRH?e=J0IFMT...
  3. BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Watchdog.sys HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC: I would like you to help me identify the exact cause of this BSOD blue screen error.Here is the minidump filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AkVAEcxAYhPvjBA7xpyubjNG8dRH?e=J0IFMT...
  4. Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2: My HP EliteBook 840 G2 is not able to connect to the WiFi network set on TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 router either to 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz SSID and getting the error "Can't connect to this network" even if the WiFi password is correct or by pushing the WSP switch on the...
  5. Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2: My HP EliteBook 840 G2 is not able to connect to the WiFi network set on TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 router either to 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz SSID and getting the error "Can't connect to this network" even if the WiFi password is correct or by pushing the WSP switch on the...
  6. Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Touchpad Gestures are not Working Elitebook 840

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Gestures are not Working Elitebook 840: I just got this laptop factory refurbished and although most of the laptop is working great, most of my touchpad gestures are not working. I can tap to click but can't scroll, switch windows, etc....
  8. BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hey all, I have been getting the BSOD regularly on my HP. I have updated Windows, updated HP drivers and the BIOS. I'm at a loss. My computer details are: HP Elitebook 840 G7 IntelR CoreTM i7-10610U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz RAM: 16.0 GB OS info: Windows 10 20H2...
  9. Keyboard Layout HP 840 G2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Layout HP 840 G2: I just bought a laptop from a local online store, but the keyboard layout is not like a normal US Qwerty keyboard. The layout for the symbols does not match the US layout keyboard. Does anyone know what keyboard layout/region that I have to install so the keyboard layout...
  10. Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers: I purchased two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers from Walmart. The first came from Joy Systems; the second from Arrow. New HP's come with a "factory restore Image" in a separate partition on the hard drive and a program, which will run only once, that allows the...