Windows 10: elitebook display shifts after docking

Discus and support elitebook display shifts after docking in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New Elitebook 830 OS display shifts right after docking and remains when removed from docking station... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Notachef, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Notachef Win User

elitebook display shifts after docking

New Elitebook 830 OS display shifts right after docking and remains when removed from docking station

:)

Notachef, Nov 1, 2019

2. Lumia 950xl and display dock

Hello Joe,

For us to be able isolate your concern, have you already tried to update the Display Dock? To update the Display Dock connect the Display Dock through the USB Type-C connector. On the phone, navigate to the
    Gadgets app and choose the HD-500 listed on the menu.

Once the app is open choose the ellipsis ('…') at the bottom of the display and click
    Check for updates.

The phone will then take over and download the new firmware and install it to the HD-500 Display Dock. Users are instructed to unplug then the power cord to the Display Dock to refresh the software.

We will be waiting for an update.

Gerald Mal, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Linney Win User
    Cannot connect the Acer computer to a HP elitebook docking station

HP Customer Support

http://support.hp.com/us-en

Are you trying to connect the Acer computer to a HP elitebook docking station, or are you trying to connect (as in Shared Networking) the HP elitebook to an Acer Computer?

Can you clarify your intentions?

Linney, Nov 1, 2019
  4. elitebook display shifts after docking

Display dock as a PC?

I am seriously hesitating between 950XL & Display Dock, Surface, Book, HP E3 and so on. MSFT, stop it! elitebook display shifts after docking :)

I wonder if there is going to be a Display Dock 2 with extra RAM, CPU and storage? Phone is not there yet to replace a full PC, but if combined with extra power from the Dock - why not? And then just a monitor/keyboard/mouse! It would be such a dream! No
    PC at all. I need some Win7 software for work, plus max mobility. Continuum sounds like a step in the right direction.

Anything like this possible (or planned, or exists)?

YuriYakushko, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

elitebook display shifts after docking

1. elitebook display shifts after docking - Similar Threads - elitebook display shifts

2. Multiple displays not working with a docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple displays not working with a docking station: I can always connect one monitor at a time, but once I connect a second, both displays go black #3 and #2, #1 and #4 are the laptop screens. What does it mean that #2 is grayed out?...
  3. Docking computer changes monitor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docking computer changes monitor display: Currently having the following issue on multiple Windows 10 devices in my organization for the past few months. I mainly see this on Surface Pro/Book models, but have also seen this on some Dell laptops. Please note that all devices are running on Windows 10 version 1909, and...
  4. docking station for extended display is not working.

docking station for extended display is not working.: I went to Display but there's no option for me to choose to extend display. I even did Win+P but monitor won't extend. PLease help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-for-extended-display-is-not/102d1335-019e-4b1c-94c9-e1c4de47f73c
  5. Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 HP elitebook

Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 HP elitebook: My shift keys are not behaving as expected. Please find following concerns. When press right shift key then prints q character. When press left shift key then prints z character When i need to print A it prints as qA I didn't change any settings or configurations. Can...
  6. Shift keys not behave as expected in window10 HP elitebook

Shift keys not behave as expected in window10 HP elitebook: My shift keys are not behaving as expected. Please find following concerns. When press right shift key then prints q character. When press left shift key then prints z character When i need to print A it prints as qA I didn't change any settings or configurations. Can...
  7. HP Elitebook 8460p display problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP Elitebook 8460p display problems: Hi all, I am in need of some advice. I am trying to get my HP EliteBook 8460p into a state ready to go to a new home (fresh Windows install, the works) but I have run into a strange issue; every time I reboot, the display does not display the welcome screen for login until I...
  8. DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT

DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT: Whenever I restart the computer the display is shifted to the left, I can see it starting during the restart, the Dell logo is off center, to the left. I have to go into settings when it's back up then change the display resolution and then click revert to have where I want...
  9. Display Settings on Docking Stations

Display Settings on Docking Stations: Hi all, My organisation has recently used to Windows 10 and our estate is largely made up of Surface pro 4's, 6's and surface laptop 2's. we use these with the surface docking station with mini display ports to connect to 2 monitors. i have set most of the display...
  10. Windows 10 and Docking Display Settings

Windows 10 and Docking Display Settings: Hello there, I have a HP EliteBook 840 and a HP 2013 Ultra Slim Docking station. Problem is when i un-dock my laptop the screen stays black, its working in the background but the screen is just black. Can you help please? Thanks...