Windows 10: EliteBook x360 830 G6 not recognizing Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter

Discus and support EliteBook x360 830 G6 not recognizing Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Product: HP EliteBook x360 830 G6 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable not recognized in Device Manager after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomcat_214, Oct 27, 2020.

1. EliteBook x360 830 G6 not recognizing Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter

Product: HP EliteBook x360 830 G6

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit

Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable not recognized in Device Manager after plugging it into the TB 3 port and rebooting. Searched HP, Microsoft, and Intel for solutions and/or drivers to no avail. Does anyone, including Microsoft, have any suggestion?

:)

tomcat_214, Oct 27, 2020

2. Apple Thunderbolt Display with Dell XPS13 9360 with Thunderbolt 3 to 2 Adapter

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9360 and am hoping there is a way to use it with an Apple Thunderbolt display. I have purchased a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter but have had no luck. When I plug in the display through the adapter I get a message saying 'Thunderbolt
    device functionality might be limited.' And then the display doesn't work.

I'm wondering whether perhaps there is a driver I can download, although I haven't been able to find one so far.

I've seen the odd post where people seem to have managed to get this to work but haven't gone into detail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

TroyMcmanaman, Oct 27, 2020
  3. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 27, 2020
  4. EliteBook x360 830 G6 not recognizing Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter

Apple Thunderbolt display always "Not connected"

I have a Matebook X Pro Signature Edition, with a thunderbolt port, running Windows 10 Home v2004.

I am trying to connect an Apple Thunderbolt display. I am using a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter.

Using the "Thunderbolt Software" app, I can see "Apple Inc, Thunderbolt Display" as an attached device to Port 1. It is listed as "Not connected".

Even if I use that same app to approve the device, it continues to list as "Not connected" and unapproved. I've run the "Thunderbolt software" app as administrator.

Any assistance gratefully appreciated.

shinytoyrobots, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

EliteBook x360 830 G6 not recognizing Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter

1. EliteBook x360 830 G6 not recognizing Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter - Similar Threads - EliteBook x360 830

2. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  3. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  4. Apple Studio Display - thunderbolt failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple Studio Display - thunderbolt failure: We have the recent Apple Studio display. We have Apple computers so in that regard it communicates better.I tried plugging in my windows 10 laptop with thunderbolt 4 ports to use it and I believe it's somehow damaged the thunderbolt ports or that something has become...
  5. Apple thunderbolt Display not working with Thinkpad T480s

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apple thunderbolt Display not working with Thinkpad T480s: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lonely_Supermarket52 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u0x4lf/apple_thunderbolt_display_not_working_with/
  6. Gloross G6 gaming mouse not recognizing

Gloross G6 gaming mouse not recognizing: hello i have Dell laptop, i bought new gaming mouse - Gloross G6 gaming mouse. it's not recognizing and driver has a problem[ATTACH]i tried everything: reinstalling drivers, trying to update, disabling some stuff from control panel, disabling fast startup. but still...
  7. Apple Thunderbolt display always "Not connected"

Apple Thunderbolt display always "Not connected": I have a Matebook X Pro Signature Edition, with a thunderbolt port, running Windows 10 Home v2004. I am trying to connect an Apple Thunderbolt display. I am using a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter. Using the "Thunderbolt Software" app, I can see "Apple Inc,...
  8. How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...: I have a Lenovo yoga 920 running windows 10, with no HDMI or DisplayPort. I have an apple thunderbolt 3 male/thunderbolt 2 female, adapter. Then I have an old Displayport to HDMI cable. (FYI: thunderbolt 2 and display port used the same connector) When I plug all this...
  9. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter: I have a problem with a thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter. It's actually thunderbolt 3 to HDMI, though it conforms to the displayport spec. When I use my laptop without it connected like at home then put the laptop to sleep and I come into the office and connect it windows...
  10. Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10

Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10: I have a new Alienware 15" laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port. I bought the Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter. When I plug the monitor into the adapter and the adapter into the Thunderbolt 3 port on the laptop, a dialog box ("Approve Thunderbolt Devices") appears...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp elitebook x360 830 g6 apple studio display