Windows 10: Eluteng Enclosure and Samsung M.2 PM851 not recognised by windows

Discus and support Eluteng Enclosure and Samsung M.2 PM851 not recognised by windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought an eluteng M.2 enclosure from Amazon and a Samsung PM851 M.2 SSD from CEx.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rossha46, Jul 3, 2019.

1. rossha46 Win User

Eluteng Enclosure and Samsung M.2 PM851 not recognised by windows

I recently bought an eluteng M.2 enclosure from Amazon and a Samsung PM851 M.2 SSD from CEx.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MGB9PC5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.os-store.com/samsung-12...rd-disk-drive-module-2280-22x80mm-laptop.html

I placed the SSD in the enclosure and plugged it in to my laptop (Lenovo V110) Windows 10. The computer makes the sound that a device has been connected but the SSD does not show up in my computer.

I have tried searching for the drive in disk management but it does not show up, i have tried diskpart to no avail. If the device is connected and i start CMD using "Run as Administrator" and type diskpart, then no drives show up and it will not let me type "list disk" or anything at all.

I'm wondering whether the drive hasnt been wiped etc and it has the drive letter C as it is a second hand drive? is that possible, and if so how could you fix it?

Any other information needed, let me know.

:)

rossha46, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Lagged Win User

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @Dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @Dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Jul 3, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Samsung 950 Pro M.2

As you can see on this M.2 QVL list for my board, Samsung's listed are not 950 Pro, but older Gen 3 models

Eluteng Enclosure and Samsung M.2 PM851 not recognised by windows [​IMG]

jds63, Jul 3, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Samsung 950 Pro M.2

Mine supports M.2 NVMe, on a X99 board in my specs. Right next to the PCIe M.2 connection it even says 10 Gb /s. So i felt not worth it to get Samsung 950 Pro then, I have 850 Pro SSD i 'll survive.

Good luck with vacation, Nice !

jds63, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Eluteng Enclosure and Samsung M.2 PM851 not recognised by windows - Similar Threads - Eluteng Enclosure Samsung

2. Laptop won't boot from external m.2 SSD in enclosure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't boot from external m.2 SSD in enclosure: Hello all,I have a Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH with Windows 11 installed. I recently purchased a WD_Black 1tb SSD to upgrade from the SK Hyinx 256gb that came installed. Western Digital offers Acronis True Image software to clone the drives for free. In the Acronis instructions...
  3. Laptop won't boot from external m.2 SSD in enclosure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't boot from external m.2 SSD in enclosure: Hello all,I have a Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH with Windows 11 installed. I recently purchased a WD_Black 1tb SSD to upgrade from the SK Hyinx 256gb that came installed. Western Digital offers Acronis True Image software to clone the drives for free. In the Acronis instructions...
  4. Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10: Hi, Jon here. (First post. Running Win10 Pro X64, version 1909, on a Fujitsu desktop which originally ran Win8 - I wiped/reformatted the HDD and did a clean install of W10 from an official ISO). Several years ago I bought a Dynamode HDD enclosure and I connected a 320Gb HDD...
  5. Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10: Hi, Jon here. (First post. Running Win10 Pro X64, version 1909, on a Fujitsu desktop which originally ran Win8 - I wiped/reformatted the HDD and did a clean install of W10 from an official ISO). Several years ago I bought a Dynamode HDD enclosure and I connected a 320Gb HDD...
  6. Samsung SSD PM851 M.2 2280 128 GB is not recognized

Samsung SSD PM851 M.2 2280 128 GB is not recognized: Hello, My SSD drive listed above is not being recognized by my computer after I had to take it out in order to change the battery on my laptop Alienware 17 R2. My C drive HDD came back and works normally after I put everything back together, but my SSD drive is not...
  7. Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2: Hi I recently installed Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 on my Dell Inspiron 3268. Using Samsung Data migration tool, I copied my OS to SSD and wanted to make SSD as my boot drive, but is not getting shown up in BIOS as boot option. I can see PCI as loaded in BIOS, can also see...
  8. Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe not recognised after installing windows

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe not recognised after installing windows: Hello everyone, I have encountered a problem with Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe. I would appreciate your help as my knowledge in hardware and software is minimal. So thank you in advance. I have just finished installing windows 10 in a new pc while using old HDD drives...
  9. Samsung 950 Pro M.2

Samsung 950 Pro M.2: Anyone ever bought one ?? Comparing performance to Samsung 850 Pro SSD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=Property&N=100008120%2050001077%20600038510%20600038519%20600038506&IsNod...
  10. SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NMVe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NMVe SSD: I bought a new SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NVMe SSD. Mr Google on several sites said that a DVD install will fail at the make Partition stage. I installed from a DVD no problem. The only changes I made in the UEFI was to disable the other drives so as to be sure to install to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ELUTENG M.2 2280 disipador

2. eluteng M2 to usb adapter not working windows 10

3. eluteng nvme m2 case not working with dell 5520 laptop

4. eluteng,
  5. eluteng ssd drivers,
  6. eluteng not showing up in my computer,
  7. eluteng drivers