Windows 10: Emachines EL1352 Desktop - random freezes and 'power-sortof-offs?'

Discus and support Emachines EL1352 Desktop - random freezes and 'power-sortof-offs?' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all - I've got an Emachines EL1352 desktop PC that works fine...when it's working. The issue is, that, at random, it will either freeze, requiring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darkstrike, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Emachines EL1352 Desktop - random freezes and 'power-sortof-offs?'

Hi all - I've got an Emachines EL1352 desktop PC that works fine...when it's working.

The issue is, that, at random, it will either freeze, requiring me to turn it off and then on again....or it will power-off-but-not-really....by which I mean the screen goes 'no signal', and power light on the case goes out, there is no response from anything, but I can still hear the fans running...

If I then force it off and turn it back on, it will only power up to the fans spinning but nothing else. If I wait awhile, it will eventually boot normally again.

I'm thinking either the mainboard is bad or the power supply is bad....thoughts?

:)

Darkstrike, Aug 20, 2020
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Aug 20, 2020
  3. TIGR Win User
    Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

4. ShiBDiB Win User

Emachines EL1352 Desktop - random freezes and 'power-sortof-offs?'

Update my eMachine!

leaking caps... emachine logo.. hmm

step one.. Garbage

step two.. stop being a 15 year old douchebag

lemme know when thats done

ShiBDiB, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Emachines EL1352 Desktop - random freezes and 'power-sortof-offs?'

1. Emachines EL1352 Desktop - random freezes and 'power-sortof-offs?' - Similar Threads - Emachines EL1352 Desktop

2. Pc freezes randomly and forced to power off, I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes randomly and forced to power off, I've tried everything!: Sorry in advance for bad grammar, I'm not good at writhing paragraphs. For about 2 months my pc has been crashing randomly. First when playing games, then just watching YouTube it would crash at random. I think I solved the crashing problem, but now my pc freezes, most of the...
  3. Pc freezes randomly and forced to power off, I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes randomly and forced to power off, I've tried everything!: Sorry in advance for bad grammar, I'm not good at writhing paragraphs. For about 2 months my pc has been crashing randomly. First when playing games, then just watching YouTube it would crash at random. I think I solved the crashing problem, but now my pc freezes, most of the...
  4. Pc freezes randomly and forced to power off, I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Emachines help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emachines help: I have a old emachines desktop and I bought a wireless adapter but I still don't even get the option to set up a wireless network or wifi is their a setting or something I might need ....
  6. Emachines help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emachines help: I have a old emachines desktop and I bought a wireless adapter but I still don't even get the option to set up a wireless network or wifi is their a setting or something I might need ....
  7. Random power off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random power off: Hi, So I recently started using an Asus x550vx laptop, 2017 model. It is equipped with 8GB of ramI added 4 more, an Intel Core i7-6700HQ and Nvidia GTX 950M dedicated graphics. The thing is, on Windows, it randomly shuts down, but it doesn't display the "shutting down"...
  8. Random Power Off And Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Power Off And Unresponsive: So I had been gaming for a while and all of a sudden without warning the laptop shuts off. However the keyboard was still glowing and the power button was extinguished. I could not get anything to work as it is not responding to me pressing anything, if you have had this...
  9. Random power Off issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random power Off issues: Hi, I recently in the last month and a bit built a desk top and at first was very quick and had no issues, however, in the last month the cpu started randomly going off at 100% when no windows were open and causing my computer to become unresponsive. I did some optimization...
  10. Random power offs & reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Random power offs & reboots: The PC is a fairly old custom built machine with an Asus P6T motherboard running Win 10/64 Home Build 1703. It has started powering off and rebooting itself at random times. When it does this it reboots 3 times, gets itself to the Recovery partition, and then shows the...