Windows 10: Email access from Outlook 2010

Discus and support Email access from Outlook 2010 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have been using Outlook 2010 for managing my email for the last few years without any issues.I am getting the following error.The pop3 server I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Graham Keen_50, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Email access from Outlook 2010

Hi,I have been using Outlook 2010 for managing my email for the last few years without any issues.I am getting the following error.The pop3 server I have always used was pop3.live.com, but I have also tried pop-mail.outlook.com and outlook.office365.comNone of them will download my email 95% of the time but will occasionally work.Any suggestions ?Thanks, Graham.

:)

Graham Keen_50, Jun 23, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook 2010 and iphone4 email questions!!

If Outlook is set as a POP3 account, and the option isn't enabled to leave a copy of the email on the server, then yes you are correct, once the email is downloaded to the computer with outlook it won't be accessible on the iPhone.

newtekie1, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Chr1s23 Win User
    No Images in emails - Outlook 2010

Installed anniversary update, but certain apps wouldn't work.
    Restored to the previous version, but now Outlook 2010 doesn't show images in emails.
    Have tried all the suggested fixes, but no joy. (Trust centre and registry)
    I use Firefox latest version.

Chr1s23, Jun 23, 2024
  4. dmcmillen Win User

Email access from Outlook 2010

Cannot access yahoo mail via Outlook 2010

Windows 10 Pro 1909, Outlook 2010, Yahoo full featured mail, no account key or 2-step verification enabled

I have several yahoo mail (full featured) accounts and I have never been able to access them through Outlook 2010. No problems with web access thru any browser. Here are the settings:

Incoming Mail (POP) Server
    Server - pop.mail.yahoo.com
    Port - 995
    Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
    Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port - 465 or 587
    Requires SSL - Yes
    Requires TLS - Yes (if available)
    Requires authentication - Yes

Login info
    User Name: everything to the left of the @ sign in the email address
    e.g., name for L: [email protected]
    Password - Account password.
    Requires authentication - Yes

Server always rejects the logon attempt:

Email access from Outlook 2010 270869d1584541298t-cannot-access-yahoo-mail-via-outlook-2010-a-yahoo-outlook-access-error.jpg

I have read where yahoo requires an app password or DMARC authentifcation but I don't know whether that is true or not. If so I don't think I would be able to access my yahoo account through Outlook 2010. Any way I would appreciate some help here. Note: I have configured many email accounts via Outlook (now 2010) thru pop servers and currently have gmail accounts receiving and sending mail thru outlook as well as emails that I host thru my own domain.

The reason I would like to get the yahoo accounts working thru Outlook is that I have a need to use alias addresses and yahoo supports 500 disposable (alias) email addresses per account.

dmcmillen, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Email access from Outlook 2010

1. Email access from Outlook 2010 - Similar Threads - Email access Outlook

2. Email access from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email access from Outlook 2010: Hi,I have been using Outlook 2010 for managing my email for the last few years without any issues.I am getting the following error.The pop3 server I have always used was pop3.live.com, but I have also tried pop-mail.outlook.com and outlook.office365.comNone of them will...
  3. Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails: I have a website at erbacce-press.co.uk and when I click on buttons to send emails the email that appears is named 'Microsoft Outlook 2010' but I am running Windows 10 pro... none of the emails at this out-of-date Outlook ever arrive? Can you help please?...
  4. Emails not dropping down Outlook 2010 email client -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails not dropping down Outlook 2010 email client -: outlook 2010 has been working fine for years. Had to change AT&T password last night and now Outlook 2010 emails are not dropping down. I can get emails on my phone and at the ATT website but outlook won't configure? Am using POP3 and using Inbound.att.net and...
  5. Outlook 2010 app association for email is incomplete

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 app association for email is incomplete: Hi all, I have some files I want to attach to a new email I am writing. I select the files and tell File manager to send to email. Then I get told that I don't have an email program associated. According to Settings I do. The screen snips below show the story. [img] then...
  6. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  7. Cannot use links from emails in Outlook, MS Office 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot use links from emails in Outlook, MS Office 2010: The following message occurs when clicking on any link in an email in Outlook 2010: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this comptuer. Please contact your system administrator." I am running a stand alone desktop computer in my home....
  8. No Images in emails - Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    No Images in emails - Outlook 2010: Installed anniversary update, but certain apps wouldn't work. Restored to the previous version, but now Outlook 2010 doesn't show images in emails. Have tried all the suggested fixes, but no joy. (Trust centre and registry) I use Firefox latest version. 62675
  9. Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 sent email not showing: Kippis! *Wink Glad we got this sorted out. *Smile
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659