Windows 10: Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete

Discus and support Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello All I am totally new to this forum and to Windows 10. The set up of Windows 10 was fairly intuitive for me. I have some training and a lot... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sevenal, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Sevenal Win User

Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete

Hello All

I am totally new to this forum and to Windows 10.
    The set up of Windows 10 was fairly intuitive for me.
    I have some training and a lot of experience with previous versions.
    Here is the problem I have encountered.

Using the MAIL app I set up a couple email addresses.
    One was a Hotmail account and the other a POP- SERVER

In error I entered the wrong data during set up, combining the two.
    After fighting with it a while I deleted all accounts to start over.
    Now the account I set up in error is stuck in the app and when attempting to delete it, does not appear in the window for accounts available to be deleted.
    It is not a legit account and appears every time when launching MAIL.

Any consideration is appreciated.

:)

Sevenal, Nov 2, 2015
  2. 5208mcats Win User

message that will not delete in hotmail

We have a message we started to write and deleted in Hotmail. Now, no matter what we attempt, the message is there when we shut down the PC restart and go into Hotmail. It is ONLY on this one system. Help me kill my ghost please :-(

5208mcats, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    message that will not delete in hotmail

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these question to assist you better.

1. Is the issue is with only Hotmail or other mail service providers?

2. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

3. Are you facing this issue on IE?

4. Does this issue occur on a different pc and also on a different browser?

5. Is the issue specific to Hotmail?

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete

1. Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete - Similar Threads - Email account delete

2. Primary email account deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary email account deleted: I was creating a user account for my wife on my old computer after setting up my new windows 11 computer. I had created her profile using my microsoft id. I then realized she should have her own microsoft id so I made one for her and made her email address primary. When I...
  3. account hacked and email deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account hacked and email deleted: what do i do if some russian hackers .ru email hacked my account changed my password and deleted my account, the account has been deleted and I had to make a new microsoft email right now, how do i fix this issue?...
  4. account hacked and email deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    account hacked and email deleted: what do i do if some russian hackers .ru email hacked my account changed my password and deleted my account, the account has been deleted and I had to make a new microsoft email right now, how do i fix this issue?...
  5. How to delete primary email account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete primary email account on windows 10: I am wondering how to switch primary email accounts tied to this PC to an alternative one. I no longer use the primary email account and the microsoft account no longer exists, but I cannot remove the account since its the primary one. Is there a way to switch this so that...
  6. Unable to Delete Email Account from Windows 10

Unable to Delete Email Account from Windows 10: Hello, I no longer have access to the following email ending in .onmicrosoft.com and wish to delete it from my Windows 10 computer. However, when I click on the "manage" button, it takes me to a login page for my personal email address and I am unable to log in using my...
  7. Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts

Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts: I use the Windows 10 mail app a fair bit on my laptop. Although I tested it out on my PC some time ago, I have not used it regularly, but would now like to. However the Windows 10 email app on my PC seems to have got itself into a mess. There are 3 accounts - a new one...
  8. delete an email account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    delete an email account?: How do I delete an email account? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-an-email-account/066061a4-6bb0-4912-ba12-506301b3e586"
  9. Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10: I have my hotmail account associated with Mail app in windows 10. I want to add my gmail account to Mail app but I just can't do it. When I click in Add an account in Mail app, nothing happens. I tried to click on Add an account in Settings --> Your email account, but nothing...
  10. Deleted email account

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted email account: hiya folks new here but hope i can get some help regarding a deleted email account . i have been using windows live mail to access my ntl emails, for the last few days i couldn't access them, long story short i have now deleted my account by mistake, i added another...