Windows 10: Email Account "MicrosoftAccount\user@domain.com"

Discus and support Email Account "MicrosoftAccount\user@domain.com" in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm using Office 365, and Outlook was repeatedly prompting for my Outlook.com account password. Before my email address, it had "MicrosoftAccount"... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ericnixmd, May 31, 2019.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Email Account "MicrosoftAccount\user@domain.com"

I'm using Office 365, and Outlook was repeatedly prompting for my Outlook.com account password. Before my email address, it had "MicrosoftAccount" (i.e., "MicrosoftAccount\user@outlook.com").

I was able to clear this by deleting all references to it in Credential Manager.

One of the apps that I use (RingCentral Phone) connects to Outlook. I keep getting a Windows Security popup requesting the password for my account. The username is showing the "MicrosoftAccount\user@outlook.com" prompt for username.

Is anyone aware of how to remove this? I've uninstalled/reinstalled RingCentral, searched through the registry, etc. without any luck.

:)

ericnixmd, May 31, 2019
  2. anotherca Win User

After upgrade I lost domain drive permission with MicrosoftAccount

I am an admin on my local System Center based domain ex: DomainName.local as frank123 user.
    I have several servers and when in Win 8.1 I had seamless access using a workgroup based laptop with the same name. Ex: WorkgroupName = DomainName

Mainly use this workgroup method as local laptop admin so I can go from same DomainName.local domain setup on another server offsite during AD migration from 2012 to 2012 r2.

Same usernames same passwords.

Problem began when upgrading the laptop to Win 10 Pro. I upgraded from 8.1 Pro.

Suggestion to move logon to MicrosoftAccount\frank@msn.com was to get Cortana to work and use Windows Store Apps, one especially connecting to Application running on one Domain Controller server. I changed to MicrosoftAccount but user profile is still frank123 on every computer.

1. I can RDP by using frank123 username and existing password.
    2. Can map drive in the same way.
    3. Cannot write or create folders on any of the servers I am admin on.
    4. Cannot recreate the frank123 as the Store App I use is very necessary. I now carry two laptops with one not changed from local frank123 to MicrosoftAccount.

I checked the only GPO regarding controlling use of MicrosoftAccount on servers but was not set.
    I cannot change domain controller user's email away to above as its locked to L: frank123@DomainName.local

Does anyone know how to get Windows 10 Pro/Ent. to work with MicrosoftAccount (email based) logon in a client where admin rights previously worked?

Stumped.

Regards.

Now I must go backwards from RDP to client to get things which is not really a seamless experience.

anotherca, May 31, 2019
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, May 31, 2019
  4. anotherca Win User

After upgrade I lost domain drive permission with MicrosoftAccount

I use 2012 r2 and 2012 Servers with a local System Center Domain. I am the enterprise admin. No legacy, no home clients.

As the problem is MicrosoftAccount logon types and Windows 10 not playing in the Client/Server realm this is just a gap. Windows does just fine using a regular profile logon. Like I said, by agreeing to use Cortana and App Store by changing to that account type you are basically just a home user then. Until MS changes this, Windows 10 - even the enterprise version - will not be of any use in the network world of Administration as a client OS. The ActiveDirectory setup for users does not allow the email to be changed which could give a linkage to the regular profile.

My profile is still the same as it was - the admin credentials are now a MicrosoftAccount email - that removes the ability to continue at the price of Cortana and Store Apps. Both of these things can be productive in the client server realm - I have these types of apps on both Server/client and love trying Cortana as well. Plenty of questions on why or how to get this to work. NO ANSWERS.

Thanks for replying.

anotherca, May 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Email Account "MicrosoftAccount\user@domain.com" - Similar Threads - Email Account MicrosoftAccountuser@domain

2. How to convert Microsoft 365 domain email to a Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert Microsoft 365 domain email to a Microsoft Account?: I recently purchased and created a new domain email address in GoDaddy, "Email Essentials". I try to share a Microsoft 365 Family to this new address, but it leads me into logging in as a Microsoft Account. It won't let me create a Microsoft Account because the email address...
  3. My microsoft account was taken by sone 163.com email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account was taken by sone 163.com email: Ive done everything and i cant get my main account back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-was-taken-by-sone-163com/3b7c4539-ee96-4471-a84c-2035e7d62468
  4. My microsoft account was taken by sone 163.com email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft account was taken by sone 163.com email: Ive done everything and i cant get my main account back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-was-taken-by-sone-163com/3b7c4539-ee96-4471-a84c-2035e7d62468
  5. My microsoft account was taken by sone 163.com email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Adding an Email to my account that is a reserved domain.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding an Email to my account that is a reserved domain.: Hi there,So , to paint the picture: I have an old email I no longer use - still have access to but do not use it - and want to change to my newer email and from there make the newer one my primary email then delete my older email from my account completely. Once I get the...
  7. Reserved Domain Email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reserved Domain Email: I removed my Email address from my Xbox account and replaced it with my son's so that he could keep the Gamer tag, now my Email address is deleted and when I try to access it I get the message that it is part of a "Reserved Domain", who can fix this, I have 25 years of my...
  8. Odd email domains

in Browsers and Email
    Odd email domains: Lately, I have been receiving emails from .bar, .rest and .surf. Anyone have any idea from whence thse are coming and how to stop them? 148166
  9. domain and email blocked

in Browsers and Email
    domain and email blocked: Hi guys I have my company email address which for some reason last week stopped working (can't connect to the server) on this laptop. My computer guy was at at a loss as all the settings were correct as nothing had been changed. He suggested try thunderbird, which also times...
  10. domain and email blocked

in Windows 10 Support
    domain and email blocked: Hi guys I have my company email address which for some reason last week stopped working (can't connect to the server) on this laptop. My computer guy was at at a loss as all the settings were correct as nothing had been changed. He suggested try thunderbird, which also times...