Windows 10: email account problem

Discus and support email account problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have two accounts, but I need one. My email associated with Xbox live is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, with my gamertag Aragorn12085... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Epeterson109, Nov 29, 2018.

1. email account problem

I have two accounts, but I need one. My email associated with Xbox live is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, with my gamertag Aragorn12085 attached to it.

The problem I am having is that my AIM email is defunct, it doesn't exist anymore, so I made a new account, but I want my purchases to go to my Aragorn12085@aim account, not the Celts12085@yahoo. This is a problem because I can't purchase digital games on my computer with my older account, and I don't want the games I purchase attached to the Celts12085 account.

Unfortunately I tried to change emails, but my it wont work because it says "This email already exist"

Bottom-line; I want the Aragorn12085 gamer tag with my *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, not *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. But it wont do that because I am recognized as two different users, with a random Gamer tag attached to my Celts12085 email.

I want an administrator to override or end my current *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ID, so the can us this email with my current Aragorn12085 gamer tag.

:)

Epeterson109, Nov 29, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 29, 2018
  3. MT Alex Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! email account problem :eek:

MT Alex, Nov 29, 2018
  4. email account problem

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

email account problem

1. email account problem - Similar Threads - email account problem

2. Windows 11 problem with Ionos email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 problem with Ionos email account: Just got a new laptop, Windows 11 pro, win mail, microsoft 365 personal. I set up my Ionos mail account within Win Mail, inbox works fine; outbox won't send, just keeps saying "Sending" or "We're working on it".I. I spoke with Ionos, not much help, all my passwords, ports etc...
  3. Windows 11 problem with Ionos email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 problem with Ionos email account: Just got a new laptop, Windows 11 pro, win mail, microsoft 365 personal. I set up my Ionos mail account within Win Mail, inbox works fine; outbox won't send, just keeps saying "Sending" or "We're working on it".I. I spoke with Ionos, not much help, all my passwords, ports etc...
  4. Email accounts

Email accounts: I have to keep fixing my email accounts consistantley https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-accounts/9458ec97-7ac4-4387-80ac-960b3dd9b353
  5. email account is out of date problem

email account is out of date problem: I have Windows 10 and have a continuous problem with my email account setting being out of date and when I go to verify them there is a password that I did not enter and don't know how to change. I did a system restore but it still did not fix the problem. What can I do?...
  6. EMAIL ACCOUNT

EMAIL ACCOUNT: I am a computer novice. I added my partner's Yahoo email account to my Windows 10 laptop, but realise now that it offers no level of privacy i.e. there is no "sign in", just access to all of her emails. I have tried to delete the account ….Settings....Account to be...
  7. Microsoft account email alias problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account email alias problem: My default alias used to be my default email address. Now I changed the alias not knowing that I would not be able to revert back to my @HOTmail.com alias.... so now unless I send a email to the alias all mail becomes undelivered. How can I switch the alias back to my...
  8. Account Settings out of date on email problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Settings out of date on email problem: I had to change the password on my att email today due to a possible hacker issue. After I changed the password, I also changed it on my yahoo account. After I rebooted my computer and tried to access email, I got an error msg stating "account settings are out of date". The...
  9. Problems with Verizon email account

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Verizon email account: I started to have a problem with my Verizon email account after I upgrade to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop. All my folders disappeared, sent, deleted, all the ones I made. The email page shown on the screen shows a blank area where the folders had been. The email display...
  10. Problem adding a POP3 email account

in Browsers and Email
    Problem adding a POP3 email account: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 but the mail tile won't allow me to add my usual POP3 email account. I have entered all details correctly as in Outlook Express, but it won't sync and then gives me an error code. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 15063