Windows 10: Email Account!

Discus and support Email Account! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am a victim of Identity Theft and that is why I recently registered for a Hotmail account!! Shortly after I received a message stating my account was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neddee, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Neddee Win User

Email Account!

I am a victim of Identity Theft and that is why I recently registered for a Hotmail account!! Shortly after I received a message stating my account was receiving inappropriate messages and/or I was sending out ones myself When I was able to check my email account I never saw anything remotely inappropriate! If any inappropriate emails and such PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP!!! PLEASE PROVIDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR QUESTIONS I HAVE!!

:)

Neddee, Jun 14, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jun 14, 2021
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Email Account!

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Email Account!

1. Email Account! - Similar Threads - Email Account

2. Need to add new email to my Microsoft account used to sign in but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to add new email to my Microsoft account used to sign in but...: I have used a cable company for 25 years, Now I want to go fiber. The email i use will be lost when i quit the cable company. I went to outlook.com created a new email and signed up for office365 basic. In the process it created a new Microsoft account. Now when i go to...
  3. Need to add new email to my Microsoft account used to sign in but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to add new email to my Microsoft account used to sign in but...: I have used a cable company for 25 years, Now I want to go fiber. The email i use will be lost when i quit the cable company. I went to outlook.com created a new email and signed up for office365 basic. In the process it created a new Microsoft account. Now when i go to...
  4. Windows 11 System account email now family a members after signing into mincraft how do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System account email now family a members after signing into mincraft how do I...: Just created a family account for may daughter to play mincraft, compliciated enough process. After signing her into the mincraft launcher it warned that the email for the microsoft store was different. Which is fine and correct because its mine. I closed that window without...
  5. Windows 11 System account email now family a members after signing into mincraft how do I...

Windows 11 System account email now family a members after signing into mincraft how do I...: Just created a family account for may daughter to play mincraft, compliciated enough process. After signing her into the mincraft launcher it warned that the email for the microsoft store was different. Which is fine and correct because its mine. I closed that window without...
  6. My PC is now linked to my child's Xbox account outlook email address and I cannot change it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is now linked to my child's Xbox account outlook email address and I cannot change it...: I logged my son into his Xbox Profile on the Xbox gaming app on my PC. Now my PC has his email associated with my account. The family settings are now applying to my PC account.Summary:Under the Accounts > Your Info it now shows my name but my 9yr old sons email address and I...
  7. My PC is now linked to my child's Xbox account outlook email address and I cannot change it...

My PC is now linked to my child's Xbox account outlook email address and I cannot change it...: I logged my son into his Xbox Profile on the Xbox gaming app on my PC. Now my PC has his email associated with my account. The family settings are now applying to my PC account.Summary:Under the Accounts > Your Info it now shows my name but my 9yr old sons email address and I...
  8. My PC is now linked to my child's Xbox account outlook email address and I cannot change it...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Someone else’s email/microsoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone else’s email/microsoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all my...: I let a friend use my computer and they somehow linked their email to my user. That is the highest administrative position currently on my computer. It shows my name but their email. I am having trouble removing this account as when I try to unlink the account it links right...
  10. Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone else’s email/mircrosoft account is linked my user on my computer, eliminating all...: I let a friend use my computer and they somehow linked their email to my user. That is the highest administrative position currently on my computer. It shows my name but their email. I am having trouble removing this account as when I try to unlink the account it links right...