Windows 10: Email accounts get changed without my intervention

Discus and support Email accounts get changed without my intervention in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use two email accounts, an outlook.com account which is primary, and a Comcast SMTP account to manage my Outlook inbox. From time to time Outlook... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeorgeMcCulloch1, May 23, 2020.

1. Email accounts get changed without my intervention

I use two email accounts, an outlook.com account which is primary, and a Comcast SMTP account to manage my Outlook inbox. From time to time Outlook will not load. The problem is that my outlook.com exchange email account will on occasion get removed and replaced with Comcast exchange account. The only way to fix it is to go back into control panel, delete the Comcast exchange account and add back in the Outlook exchange account.

I've not been able to figure out what update if any might cause this.

I figured out how to fix it but am frustrated that this has continued for the last several months. I am current on all my Microsoft products.

Thanks, George

:)

GeorgeMcCulloch1, May 23, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 23, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, May 23, 2020
  4. Email accounts get changed without my intervention

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Email accounts get changed without my intervention

1. Email accounts get changed without my intervention - Similar Threads - Email accounts changed

2. Data Loss without any intervention

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Loss without any intervention: Dear Team, I have HP Laptop EliteBook SN: 5CG94979Z8 , we found that the laptop performance is not fine, we updated Google Chrome and reset TCP IP Network Driver and restart the laptop. After restart we found that the data on D has been disappeared and partition D become...
  3. Data Loss without any intervention

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Loss without any intervention: Dear Team, I have HP Laptop EliteBook SN: 5CG94979Z8 , we found that the laptop performance is not fine, we updated Google Chrome and reset TCP IP Network Driver and restart the laptop. After restart we found that the data on D has been disappeared and partition D become...
  4. Data Loss without any intervention

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My account have changed email without me knowing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account have changed email without me knowing: I tried to play minecraft and I typed my microsoft email and a error message pop up "We couldn't find an account with that username. Try another, or get a new Microsoft account." and I got this email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** my microsoft account changed...
  6. My account have changed email without me knowing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account have changed email without me knowing: I tried to play minecraft and I typed my microsoft email and a error message pop up "We couldn't find an account with that username. Try another, or get a new Microsoft account." and I got this email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** my microsoft account changed...
  7. My account have changed email without me knowing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Power options automatically changed on win10 without user intervention

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options automatically changed on win10 without user intervention: Power options automatically changed on win10 without user intervention. So one hard drive connected by an AMD SATA controller was constantly getting disconnected from the pc, the internal drives did not have this issue.Win10 also got stuck on shutting down or restarting for...
  9. is there anyway to change my login email without switching accounts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there anyway to change my login email without switching accounts?: i want desktop/everything to be the same i just want the outlook email its linked to, to be changed. Is there anyway to do that? Can i only use outlook emails or does Gmail would work now? submitted by /u/REDDIT-IS-TRP [link] [comments]...
  10. Can I change my account email address without access to that email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I change my account email address without access to that email?: I am losing my email address soon (NOT an outlook account), and when I went online to change it on my Microsoft account, I am told that I have to wait for a 30-day wait period before account changes can be made. "This site requires a security code to sign in. When your...