Windows 10: Email accounts windows 10

Discus and support Email accounts windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; mail accounts added and appear in account manager, but when saved the email account they do not appear in accounts on the left side menu. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RussellTurk, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Email accounts windows 10

mail accounts added and appear in account manager, but when saved the email account they do not appear in accounts on the left side menu. The only account to appear in that side is the Hotmail account. The added emails do not work I tried changing every option without any success? Tried imap and pop options also and it does not make any difference. all information in the community is litle help. I also uninstalled the mail app and reinstalled it from the Microsoft store.

:)

RussellTurk, Mar 23, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Email accounts windows 10 :(

Zakin, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Email accounts windows 10

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Email accounts windows 10

1. Email accounts windows 10 - Similar Threads - Email accounts

2. Unable to use new AOL email address? Existing accounts on same settings are okay?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use new AOL email address? Existing accounts on same settings are okay?: Hi, I have a couple of existing AOL email accounts that I access via the Windows 10 mail app, which are working fine. However, I have just created an email address for a family member, but I can't get it to send/receive emails? The settings all appear exactly the same as...
  3. my yahoo email account

my yahoo email account: how do I update my yahoo email account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-yahoo-email-account/3932d58f-c03f-47c2-98b1-3f1cf557267a
  4. old email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old email account: I have an old email account yahoo on my old computer, how do I get yahoo on my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-account/03deee82-172d-4ac0-8bd7-1160a9e26c42
  5. Cant remove email account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant remove email account?: I have had a comcast email account signed into my windows 10 mail app for over a year now, and now suddenly it stopped working. its almost as if the email doesn't even exist in app anymore? I can't right click to manage or delete the account. and when I go into...
  6. Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account

Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account: Hi, I have two accounts on my windows 10 email app, my partner and myself. Both accounts are receiving emails. However when I am sending from my account and select new email, in the from box it states the correct email address i.e. my own but when transmitted it shows that...
  7. Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10: I cannot remove an account from Settings / Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a...
  8. How to Delete Inactive Work or School Account Email from Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Delete Inactive Work or School Account Email from Windows Settings: I currently have 2 email accounts linked up to my Microsoft Windows account see image below. One is my personal email address for my Microsoft Account that I would like to keep. The other is an email address for a "Work or School Account" that I would like to delete. I no...
  9. Microft email account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microft email account: I have existing email with Microsoft but cannot apply it to my account - I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microft-email-account/9c03f274-cf70-4164-baca-3cba28058a60
  10. How can I send a letter from notepad to an outside email account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I send a letter from notepad to an outside email account?: I need to send out my form from notepad to an email account but it shows no email account. how do I save the form, where can I set it down so it is ready to be sent. I have different forms to fill out and I don't want to lose them along the way. Help....