Windows 10: Email & Accounts - Wipe account data on shutdown?

Discus and support Email & Accounts - Wipe account data on shutdown? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to configure Group Policy or the Task Scheduler to remove stored email & accounts upon shutting down the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paul_ECCT, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Paul_ECCT Win User

Email & Accounts - Wipe account data on shutdown?

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to configure Group Policy or the Task Scheduler to remove stored email & accounts upon shutting down the computer.

Email & Accounts - Wipe account data on shutdown? d64b9f0e-f7bc-4e14-beed-f194d31fb22f?upload=true.png

:)

Paul_ECCT, Mar 8, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 8, 2021
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Email & Accounts - Wipe account data on shutdown?

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Email & Accounts - Wipe account data on shutdown?

1. Email & Accounts - Wipe account data on shutdown? - Similar Threads - Email Accounts Wipe

2. How to delete Microsoft account without wiping off the data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete Microsoft account without wiping off the data: I used to have a Surface 7 as a laptop but soon changes after to replace with the new one. I pass the Surface 7 back to my mom with my Microsoft account but it keep syncing my mom and my files altogether, so I want to remove my old Microsoft account from the Surface 7 and...
  3. How to delete Microsoft account without wiping off the data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete Microsoft account without wiping off the data: I used to have a Surface 7 as a laptop but soon changes after to replace with the new one. I pass the Surface 7 back to my mom with my Microsoft account but it keep syncing my mom and my files altogether, so I want to remove my old Microsoft account from the Surface 7 and...
  4. How to delete Microsoft account without wiping off the data

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Wiping out OS settings sync data in MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiping out OS settings sync data in MS account: Hello!Can you tell me, how can I entirely wipe out all synced settings in my Microsoft account from my previous Windows installations, to adjust a new one from scratch? Thank you....
  6. Wiping out OS settings sync data in MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wiping out OS settings sync data in MS account: Hello!Can you tell me, how can I entirely wipe out all synced settings in my Microsoft account from my previous Windows installations, to adjust a new one from scratch? Thank you....
  7. Wiping out OS settings sync data in MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Email & Accounts, Access work or school - Wipe account data on shutdown?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email & Accounts, Access work or school - Wipe account data on shutdown?: Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to configure Group Policy or the Task Scheduler to remove stored email accounts upon shutting down the computer. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Any help on this would be much appreciated....
  9. Does a hard drive wipe delete data from my accounts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does a hard drive wipe delete data from my accounts?: For example if I am signed into microsoft account and I'm syncing my settings to the account, will the hard drive wipe delete the settings from my account? submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  10. Data wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data wipe: So I was wondering if I restart windows via wipe all data future how much disk space will windows take? submitted by /u/isusbog45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2c59/data_wipe/