Windows 10: Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

Discus and support Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Lee101, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Lee101 Win User

Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the name is something that I used at one time or another, but I don't understand how the Mail app is getting it, and I cannot find anyway to get rid of it - looked at Sync Settings under manage Accounts in the app, but found no option to change an email address/name association.. Any help would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I just realized that the Mail app must be using my Microsoft account user name , and indeed it is. So, I guess I'm stuck with the problem, or needing to find another mail client.

:)

Lee101, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Nov 12, 2020
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

email addresses in People app in windows 10 will not link with mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer
    gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the
    "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. Any Suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

KevinDawson1, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

1. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Email address name

2. Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook: I have a wrong email address that keeps appearing in the Windows10 Mail pp not Outlook that I cannot deleteThere is no "X" to delete and using arrow keys and delete button does nothingNo, this is not in contacts, Several people have listed this issue and MS keep posting how...
  3. Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook: I have a wrong email address that keeps appearing in the Windows10 Mail pp not Outlook that I cannot deleteThere is no "X" to delete and using arrow keys and delete button does nothingNo, this is not in contacts, Several people have listed this issue and MS keep posting how...
  4. Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app

Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app: I have been posting an issue on another forum regarding rogue email addresses in my contacts when i try to email myself in the To box, when starting to add my email address i see other addresses, some with long strings of data that are not mine. I have tried various things...
  5. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app: The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address

Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address: using windows 10 mail app, how do i get the recipient's name to show instead of just their email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-show-recipients-name-not-email/6e904840-3c52-4aab-81f1-27affa7c9216
  7. Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App

Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App: I added two gmail email address to Window App within the last week. When I reply to messages in these accounts it picks up the sender address from a third gmail account. This doesn't happen with comcast or outlook addresses being used in the app. Any suggestions?...
  8. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.: I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete...
  9. How to edit email name in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to edit email name in Windows 10 Mail app: When I send an email using my gmail account within my Mail app, the 'From' box looks like this: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <my *** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Why does it show the outlook address and how do I change it? (I assume the...
  10. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....