Windows 10: Email address in EmailAPP.

Discus and support Email address in EmailAPP. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I asked this several times before, but never get a satisfying answer or solution to the issue. I attach also images that explain the issue. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NVFOX, Feb 7, 2019.

1. NVFOX Win User

Email address in EmailAPP.

I asked this several times before, but never get a satisfying answer or solution to the issue. I attach also images that explain the issue.

On occasions, I am ask by friends to change their email addresses in the People App for certain reasons. No problem to do this in the People App.

However, once I compose an email to such a person entering their name, the old and new email address is being offered. Why would the old and invalid email address offered? I my example, shown in the image below, there are even four shown, of which the LAST one is the correct one, while the other ones are invalid.

Email address in EmailAPP. 0487ddc2-46a9-4772-8884-47da2358bf1d?upload=true.jpg

As one can see there are four addresses offered even though the first three are totally invalid. I do not understand why the three invalid ones are still kept somewhere. I strongly believe this is a serious flaw in the Email/People App.

2) Going into the People App , I find only TWO email addresses, namely the correct one under Personal email, and an invalid one under Other email as the following image shows. I am unable to remove the latter (invalid address).

Email address in EmailAPP. cdbaa043-5dfb-4c75-88fb-c59b743329d2?upload=true.jpg

3) Going into Edit is even crazier. As the following image shows, the correct one is shown but none of the invalid ones, even not when using the pull down menu.

Email address in EmailAPP. 44182998-ad93-4adc-a5aa-3f80501d7c62?upload=true.jpg

Pls., note: I have brushed out the addresses all together but I think the three images show very clearly what the issue is.

All attempts to eliminate the issue so far failed. The issue remains stubbornly in place.

I completely removed the person, restarted the PC,and reentered all data, but the issue remains. I searched for the file where the addresses are stored but could not find the file. I removed my account in the Email App and reestablished the account with the result that the issue remains.

So what is going wrong here?

Moved from: (Outlook.com | People and contacts | Adding and managing contacts and groups )

:)

NVFOX, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Email address in EmailAPP. :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Sam Vimes Win User
    Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Email address in EmailAPP.

How to delete an incorrect email address showing in profile history

The YouTube video does not work on a Windows phone. I tried to follow the steps but the email address still shows in the auto-complete(suggest) list when I start typing the to address. The only way I was able to get rid of the address was to "hard" reset
    the phone. Which was painfull in getting it set back up the way I wanted to.

MarkDavidsonUSA, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Email address in EmailAPP.

1. Email address in EmailAPP. - Similar Threads - Email address EmailAPP

2. email address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    email address: My email address has changed. How do I change it at the app store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/b8cda33f-8848-475b-bc63-d80bf217e8e6
  3. Email addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email addresses: I have an email address on my computer for a company that I no longer work for. How can I remove that email from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses/12e4eef4-979a-455e-9771-4cf590e85a18
  4. aol email on microsoft emailapp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aol email on microsoft emailapp: this is a long running problem of syncing aol email with microsoft email app all was working fine until a little exclamation mark appeared next to one of my 5 aol accounts on microsoft email app. i did nothing to allow this to happen, it was random all the others are fine...
  5. email address

email address: i have unwanted email address when i send my emails how can i delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/b113c0f0-30e5-4ea8-9d6b-317889dd38f1
  6. Email address

Email address: OK, I have been told that once you have set up your Microsoft account you cannot change your signin. I am trying to get away from AOL and that address is what I set my account up with. Is there anyway to change it or do I have to open up a brand new account. I am...
  7. Email address

Email address: How do you eliminate unwanted names that appear when you begin entering an email addressee name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/f00d841f-acd3-4d7d-a208-aea9873673b6
  8. Email address

Email address: How do I allocate my email address to the Photo viewer. So can attach a photo to an email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/37d05dd8-beea-4138-8756-c645ddd07ba1
  9. email address

email address: When I change an email address in "people" and then go to use it in "Mail" I get the old one. I check in "People" again and I get the new and all of the old email addresses. What's up Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage...
  10. Email address

in Browsers and Email
    Email address: I tried to send an email using live.com, my Microsoft address, and their address was invalid yet when I put the exact address the recipient in Gmail it worked. Any explanations please. Thank you Peter 47419