Windows 10: Email address incorrect

Discus and support Email address incorrect in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, When I set up my account info on my new pc, I had entered my outlook.com address accidentally as an outlook.ca. When I go to fix typo, I enter... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KrievKrievin, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Email address incorrect

Hello,

When I set up my account info on my new pc, I had entered my outlook.com address accidentally as an outlook.ca. When I go to fix typo, I enter the outlook.com and it tells me this address unavailable. This is true, but it is MY correct address!

I try to change it under 'email and accounts' on my windows 10 settings, by clicking 'manage' but it wants me to sign in to my nonexistent outlook.ca address.

Is there a way to command prompt my settings to delete my erroneous email from my administrator profile so I can insert the correct one?

Thank you in advance for any help.

,Kriev

:)

KrievKrievin, Jan 22, 2021

2. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Jan 22, 2021
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Email address incorrect

How to delete incorrect Email address choice

I typed an email address incorrectly and saved it for my contact list. I then corrected the email address and saved it.. When I create a new email, the incorrect address appears as a choice along with the correct address
    at the “TO” line. How do I delete the incorrect address? When I look at my contact's information-the correct data appears. I'm using windows 10.

CharlieNeumann, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Email address incorrect

1. Email address incorrect - Similar Threads - Email address incorrect

2. microsoft accounts email address incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft accounts email address incorrect: I have got myself in a mess with my Microsoft accounts. I had a microsoft account with my email address as my username on my desktop. I also had a skype account with a different user name that I've had since before MS owned Skype. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11...
  3. microsoft accounts email address incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft accounts email address incorrect: I have got myself in a mess with my Microsoft accounts. I had a microsoft account with my email address as my username on my desktop. I also had a skype account with a different user name that I've had since before MS owned Skype. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11...
  4. Can't log onto computer due to an incorrect email address.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log onto computer due to an incorrect email address.: After first turning on the computer it asked for an email address and my daughter accidentally typed it in incorrectly and I can not figure out how to change it back. I've tried all the prompts about changing the email but after I verify the correct email and password it just...
  5. Incorrect email address during account creation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect email address during account creation: Hi there, I am enquiring on behalf of a friend who has been having issue getting contact with Microsoft Support. She has purchased a Microsoft Student Home edition license. However, her email had a typo error during registration. As such, she is unable to sign in to her...
  6. how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address

how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address: Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem: How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ie stop names appearing in the 'To' field when writing an email? Thanks...
  7. Incorrect email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect email address: Somehow Windows 10 saved an email address for me that is fictional. How can I make Windows 10 remove this bogus address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-address/ffa5c3d0-1682-4fa1-9b2e-11f32a9b40d4
  8. How to delete incorrect Email address choice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete incorrect Email address choice: I typed an email address incorrectly and saved it for my contact list. I then corrected the email address and saved it.. When I create a new email, the incorrect address appears as a choice along with the correct address at the “TO” line. How do I delete the incorrect...
  9. Remove/delete incorrect email addresses in autocomplete email box in windows mail

Remove/delete incorrect email addresses in autocomplete email box in windows mail: simple question should get a simple answer[ we will see] --- Question : i have an incorrectly completed email address in autocomplete email box which continues to show up along side the corrected version ----- how do i remove these mistakes from autocomplete in windows mail...
  10. Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me

in Cortana
    Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me: When I open Cortana it shows " Cortana has lost access to my account" When I go through the process of trying to fix , it comes up with a wrong email address for me. I thought I used my Microsoft account address. Obviously I got on this forum using my Microsoft account. Any...