Windows 10: Email address is already taken

Discus and support Email address is already taken in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Trying to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account but it already has it's own Microsoft account. How do I delete that Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by captain x ray97, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Email address is already taken

Trying to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account but it already has it's own Microsoft account. How do I delete that Microsoft account so I can use its email on my current one

:)

captain x ray97, Apr 17, 2019

2. EMAIL address is already taken - gmail account

Hi,

The error message that you receive usually occurs if the email address that you are tying to use is already registered to a different gamertag or Xbox Live profile. To better assist you with your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Are you trying to change the email address attached to your Xbox Live gamertag?
    • On which device are you trying to do the process?
    • Is the email address that you want to use registered as a Microsoft Account?

Loraine Mon, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Email address is already taken :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Email address is already taken

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Email address is already taken

1. Email address is already taken - Similar Threads - Email address already

2. This email address is already taken. Please try another????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This email address is already taken. Please try another????: Hello allSome help please.My current email address/alias will be decommissioned soon.In trying to add a new alias the aforementioned message appears."This email address is already taken. Please try another"However the email address is mine.How can I add or merge accounts?Many...
  3. This email address is already taken. Please try another????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This email address is already taken. Please try another????: Hello allSome help please.My current email address/alias will be decommissioned soon.In trying to add a new alias the aforementioned message appears."This email address is already taken. Please try another"However the email address is mine.How can I add or merge accounts?Many...
  4. Can't change my "alias" back up email - says this email address is already taken but it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change my "alias" back up email - says this email address is already taken but it is...: Hi ThereI just went to change my back up "alias" email in my account settings as I noticed it only lists an old email address which is now defunct.When I entered the email address I use other than my microsoft hotmail email address, I receive a notification saying this email...
  5. Can't change my "alias" back up email - says this email address is already taken but it is...

Can't change my "alias" back up email - says this email address is already taken but it is...: Hi ThereI just went to change my back up "alias" email in my account settings as I noticed it only lists an old email address which is now defunct.When I entered the email address I use other than my microsoft hotmail email address, I receive a notification saying this email...
  6. Can't change my "alias" back up email - says this email address is already taken but it is...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. This email address is already taken. Please try another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This email address is already taken. Please try another.: I tried using a new email to replace my old one but when i tried to add it it said that " This email address is already taken. Please try another. " even though I have not used it before....
  8. This email address is already taken. Please try another.

This email address is already taken. Please try another.: I tried using a new email to replace my old one but when i tried to add it it said that " This email address is already taken. Please try another. " even though I have not used it before....
  9. Email Alias address already in use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Alias address already in use: My windows account shows my old email address which I would like to change. Seems like I have 2 accounts Passport & Email. How can I update my email address to show only one? Thank you...
  10. Microsoft account alias "Email already taken."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account alias "Email already taken.": I was trying to add an existing email not outlook to make it easier for me to login. But when I entered that email to create another alias it said "Email already taken. Please try another one." Is there any way to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. email address already taken