Windows 10: Email Address & Password Problem

Discus and support Email Address & Password Problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I am trying to reset my password but the email address I am registered with no longer exists! Can you help me please? Tish... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TishTindall, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Email Address & Password Problem

Hi there,

I am trying to reset my password but the email address I am registered with no longer exists! Can you help me please?

Tish

:)

TishTindall, Sep 17, 2018
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Email Address & Password Problem

Change password to email address

Hello,

You can change your password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it. We'd like to know more details about your concern, so we can better assist you: Kindly verify the following:

• Are you using an Outlook.com or Hotmail email address?
    • Are you trying to change your email address password?

Additionally, you may also refer to this
    support link
    on How to reset your Microsoft account password.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Email Address & Password Problem

1. Email Address & Password Problem - Similar Threads - Email Address Password

2. Is it only email address or with password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it only email address or with password: I think it was last year or 2020 whereby I was using the Microsoft support chat on my phone as I needed help regarding a issue in Minecraft. Pretty much when I described my issue to the Microsoft agent, she asked me for my Microsoft email address or Microsoft email address...
  3. Is it only email address or with password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it only email address or with password: I think it was last year or 2020 whereby I was using the Microsoft support chat on my phone as I needed help regarding a issue in Minecraft. Pretty much when I described my issue to the Microsoft agent, she asked me for my Microsoft email address or Microsoft email address...
  4. Can't change the password for my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change the password for my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address...: I know what my present *** Email address is removed for privacy *** password is, and it works fine. All I want to do it change that password to a new one.So I invoke Windows Live Mail, then: ACCOUNTS > PROPERTIES > SERVERSUnder the category "Incoming Mail Server" there is a...
  5. Send Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Recovery Password is Coming in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Recovery Password is Coming in...: Goodbye Old MicrosoftHello New Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-email-recovery-password-is-coming-in-august/19ea6460-50f9-49fc-8ed3-c071fdda447a
  6. email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email address: i have unwanted email address when i send my emails how can i delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/b113c0f0-30e5-4ea8-9d6b-317889dd38f1
  7. Microsoft Password Email Address Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Password Email Address Change: I have many files and folders on onedrive. I would like to change eventually delete my primary alias. I intend on creating a second alias and make that my primary before eventually deleting my original primary alias. With that being said, I surely do not want to lose and...
  8. Email address problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Email address problem: I am being constantly prompted to sign in to my previous email address. I have gone to the Microsoft support page on adding an alias. I am unable to add my new email address (which I've been using for some time) because typing in as new or existing won't accept - keeps...
  9. Email address

Email address: OK, I have been told that once you have set up your Microsoft account you cannot change your signin. I am trying to get away from AOL and that address is what I set my account up with. Is there anyway to change it or do I have to open up a brand new account. I am...
  10. Email address

Email address: How do you eliminate unwanted names that appear when you begin entering an email addressee name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/f00d841f-acd3-4d7d-a208-aea9873673b6