Windows 10: Email Address population not working

Discus and support Email Address population not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, When I upgraded my software recently, it stopped this feature when I start typing the email address and it would pull up the email that I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jessica Jordan Events, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Email Address population not working

Hello,

When I upgraded my software recently, it stopped this feature when I start typing the email address and it would pull up the email that I have sent an email before. Sort of like a history population feature. I would start typing the name, then hit tab and it would add the email address.

Now I start typing the person's name and there is no history.

I have NEVER had a contact list more than 5 people. It would just automatically pop up. Why did this feature stop, and is there any way to get it back? I hope so! It's now taking me so long to find people's emails! Please help.

Jessica

:)

Jessica Jordan Events, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Waddat Win User

how to clear email address auto-population

Hi,

when you start typing an email address into a new composed email, the application starts auto-suggestions of previously used emails and whatever is in the contacts.

If you mis-spelled an email once and sent an email to that address, that address still appears. How can you clear that list.

In Outlook for example you can just move arrow down on the auto-suggestion and hit delete. The same also works in IE or Firefox browsers if you want to delete auto-suggestions on previously used fields.

Cheers,

P

Waddat, Dec 4, 2018
  3. How to delete an incorrect email address showing in profile history

The YouTube video does not work on a Windows phone. I tried to follow the steps but the email address still shows in the auto-complete(suggest) list when I start typing the to address. The only way I was able to get rid of the address was to "hard" reset
    the phone. Which was painfull in getting it set back up the way I wanted to.

MarkDavidsonUSA, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Email Address population not working

When sending a fax how do I populate an address book with Windows 10?

Hello Albert,

Please answer the questions below:

• What do you exactly mean by "populate an address book"?
    • Do you want to get suggestions while sending a fax?

Please get back to us with the brief query. We will be happy to help you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Email Address population not working

1. Email Address population not working - Similar Threads - Email Address population

2. email address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    email address: My email address has changed. How do I change it at the app store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/b8cda33f-8848-475b-bc63-d80bf217e8e6
  3. Email addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email addresses: I have an email address on my computer for a company that I no longer work for. How can I remove that email from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses/12e4eef4-979a-455e-9771-4cf590e85a18
  4. email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email address: i have unwanted email address when i send my emails how can i delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/b113c0f0-30e5-4ea8-9d6b-317889dd38f1
  5. Windows 10 email address auto populate not working

Windows 10 email address auto populate not working: I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I added my POP email account and everything is working fine except when I start typing an address it does not give me a list of recently used email addresses to select from. Even if I have sent them an email recently. It also does...
  6. Email address

Email address: OK, I have been told that once you have set up your Microsoft account you cannot change your signin. I am trying to get away from AOL and that address is what I set my account up with. Is there anyway to change it or do I have to open up a brand new account. I am...
  7. Email address

Email address: How do you eliminate unwanted names that appear when you begin entering an email addressee name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/f00d841f-acd3-4d7d-a208-aea9873673b6
  8. Email address

Email address: How do I allocate my email address to the Photo viewer. So can attach a photo to an email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/37d05dd8-beea-4138-8756-c645ddd07ba1
  9. email address

email address: When I change an email address in "people" and then go to use it in "Mail" I get the old one. I check in "People" again and I get the new and all of the old email addresses. What's up Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage...
  10. Email address

in Browsers and Email
    Email address: I tried to send an email using live.com, my Microsoft address, and their address was invalid yet when I put the exact address the recipient in Gmail it worked. Any explanations please. Thank you Peter 47419